• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mfd615

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello,

I currently use and love the Renoun Endurance 98 v2. I would like to start touring, albeit in-bounds to start. I am entertaining the thought of just splurging again and buying the 98 v3 or looking at the Kore 93. Question is, having come off the Renoun, do you think I would be disappointed in the kore 93? I have not had the chance at demoing the kore.

Bio:
43 year old, Male
6'-0"
190 lbs.
Like to play in the trees and bumps, not a huge GS type skier. All East Coast skiing

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hello,

I currently use and love the Renoun Endurance 98 v2. I would like to start touring, albeit in-bounds to start. I am entertaining the thought of just splurging again and buying the 98 v3 or looking at the Kore 93. Question is, having come off the Renoun, do you think I would be disappointed in the kore 93? I have not had the chance at demoing the kore.

Bio:
43 year old, Male
6'-0"
190 lbs.
Like to play in the trees and bumps, not a huge GS type skier. All East Coast skiing

I would start with bindings and boots. Those are critical. Skis, all those work.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It all depends on what you want to do. Most people uphilling inbounds, are going more for ‘fitness skinning‘.
I can’t imagine many people uphilling inbounds on a powder day, so most likely your descent will be on a groomer too.
Since you will be skiing up and down a (easy) groomer, most any ski will work, so typically people pick something narrow, cheap and light, and same for boots and bindings.
Dynafit has a line of gear specifically for this, Speedfit. The boots for example, https://www.dynafit.com/en-us/tlt-s...701?number=08-0000061701_0000000002&c=1516550 , are less expensive than their other boots, and still quite lightweight. However, according to reviews, they ski poorly, even compared to other boots in that weight class.

Now if the inbounds uphilling is only a skill builder for backcountry outings, then you should get the boot, ski, skins and bindings that suit your preferred terrain and outing style for that. And sign up for an AIARE1 course.

In that case, you need to figure out what you want to do.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January