• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
LizzyDimond

LizzyDimond

Booting up
Skier
I tried them on. They are not that narrow. Honestly the stated specs in boots are only a rough guide at best. One has to really try boots on since there are no reliable standards in the industry. Unless you have direct experience with a brand and model line choosing a boot online is really a crapshoot.

Thanks for your input! Yeah I'm for sure going to a bootfitter and buying boots at the shop. Just impatiently waiting for the shops to get their stock in! Thought I might as well research feasible options ahead of time.

TS
LizzyDimond

LizzyDimond

Booting up
Skier
I couldn't get past the Zero G's pointy toe shape but felt the instep had too much volume and was not low enough for me coming from a Solomon S-Max Alpine boot. I also didn't find the heel pocket to be the closest fitting either. OTT I thought the lightweight, decent ROM, overlap design and higher cuff where great.
The Dynafit Hoji on the other hand held my heel like a vice. Lower volume over the instep with a decent toe shape yet the entire outer edge of my foot went numb walking around the shop, so it may be narrow enough for you?
The Atomic Hawx XTD is another one that worked for me, probably better than the Hoji in that it wasn't as narrow and constricting but still good, definitely not sloppy roomy feeling.
I plan to try the Atomic Hawx XTD and Dynafit Hoji again this year.
Fischer ranger was also suggested but I couldn't find it in my size. When looking at it on the boot wall I did think the instep height appeared to be on the higher side for me, again IDK having not been able to try on a pair.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I have a low instep so definitely need that low volume. I'm really interested in the Hojis but they dont make the new ones with the "alpine compatible toe" in small enough sizes

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Liz doesn't post on these forums much, so I'll close the thread.

The winner was the Technica Zero G Tour Scout W. Liz was down to the Hawk and the Zero G, but the toe box on the Zero G worked better. They're skiing nice too!

Sponsor