• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Torn Ligament in Foot

Lakeside Chutes

Booting up
Skier
Anyone suffered from "Congenital contracture of gastrocnemius muscle" causing hammer toe? I've had 1 PRP treatment which worked before ski season but am suffering again after ski season and trying to determine if I do another PRP Treatment or look at surgery. Anyone had this issue?

Asnis

Booting up
Skier
Anyone suffered from "Congenital contracture of gastrocnemius muscle" causing hammer toe? I've had 1 PRP treatment which worked before ski season but am suffering again after ski season and trying to determine if I do another PRP Treatment or look at surgery. Anyone had this issue?

“Congenital contracture of gastrocnemius muscle” is also known as ankle equinus. Most typically related to the gastroc portion of the Achilles. On a very simple level, it contributes in some way to all pathomechanics in the foot. Does it contribute to a hammertoe? Sure. But does addressing the equinus fix the hammertoe? No. As for PRP...what’s the purpose? Outside of taking your $500?

TS
Lakeside Chutes

Lakeside Chutes

Booting up
Skier
Appreciate the feedback. Not sure how much PRP helped but rest, ice have worked wonders.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January