• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom Gellie's Webinars are Well Worth It IMO

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some nice TG bump skiing in Australia. The resort is Perisher and the run is called International Bumps.

Skied these same bumps a couple of days before this vid was made. Sweet conditions.

Beautiful. I loved the way it seemed he was caressing the snow, gliding smoothly.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The retraction video with the merry-go-round is amazing. Finally understand the lateral direction generated from the release. (at least in theory! :P ) I have felt it on occasion practicing release turns, but never understood why it happened or how to make it happen more often. Can't wait for snow. Thank you for the discount code @Steve

TS
Mike King

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
The retraction video with the merry-go-round is amazing. Finally understand the lateral direction generated from the release. (at least in theory! :P ) I have felt it on occasion practicing release turns, but never understood why it happened or how to make it happen more often. Can't wait for snow. Thank you for the discount code @Steve
There's a lot of mind-blowing content there...

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it worth it to sign up now even if I won't likely be on snow for another 2-3 months? When I watch content like this I want to be able to try it out shortly after watching it. Is there any or a lot of dry land content?

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Is it worth it to sign up now even if I won't likely be on snow for another 2-3 months? When I watch content like this I want to be able to try it out shortly after watching it. Is there any or a lot of dry land content?

There's a heck of a lot of stuff covered in those vids. And north of 35 hours viewing. Also need to watch most of them multiple times to get all the info - at the very least take extremely good notes.

Also not all of the material is related to directly on snow. There's a large amount on body preparation all with a skiing focus. It's not the 100 reps of this and 50 reps of that, feel the burn sort of thing. More how best to utilise the levers and capabilities of the body for skiing. You'll quickly find out where some additional strength and flexibility in areas we don't normally use in every day life will be advantageous. Then again I'll be 65 before the end of the year and if you're a fit youngster (<50?) it probably won't be an issue.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I am having a blast today watching it. His What to Do with your Arms webinar is so cool.
He makes this amazing analogy to Parkour athletes, shows them doing things. He's in his living room, making movements at times and I get up and make them with him, then he shows videos, sometimes split screen of different skiers and talks about it. He's f'in brilliant! The on snow lesson I watched was also fantastic. This is the best $90 I've ever spent on skiing.

Tim Hodgson

PSIA Level II Alpine
Instructor
@TheArchitect: I subscribed a couple of months ago and have been in the process of appropriating (weaving in) allot of his teaching techniques into my teaching this coming season. And I am keen on his bump skiing videos and body mechanics to improve my personal bump skiing.

Tom Gellie is simply a cut above. Go ahead and subscribe. If you have time, binge watch for a month. Then cancel if you want to. But I'll bet you a beer that you won't want to cancel. You'll cancel your Amazon Prime or Netflix subscription first. The content is simply that good.

I haven't looked to see if he has a forum for "members only" to discuss his vids, but if he does, I plan on learning from it this season.

His video content is how he makes his income. He obviously has invested thousands of dollars in camera and video editing computers and software. But it is not the high production value that makes his videos valuable.

It is his knowledge of how the human body works and his experimentation on how to apply that to skiing which provides the value.

I will go out on a limb here, but I am willing to bet Tom Gellie was not the typical skiing phenom who "naturally" always skied at a higher level. Because he has obviously thought through everything he teaches and, in my experience, that type of understanding only comes from a mere mortal who, although has attained personal phenomenal skiing, had to work at it. And, as a result, knows what works and what doesn't work based on his own personal experience.

Such that he can convey via his videos to us mere mortals what really works.

Oh yeah, there is a lot of "dry land content" - which will happen between your ears. And you won't be able to stop thinking/visualizing about it.

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
If you buy it now, the discount carries over to the renewal in mid December, so you get 6 months, ending Mid March for $181. That carries through most of the season. It's $130 for three months usually.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@TheArchitect: I subscribed a couple of months ago and have been in the process of appropriating (weaving in) allot of his teaching techniques into my teaching this coming season. And I am keen on his bump skiing videos and body mechanics to improve my personal bump skiing.

Tom Gellie is simply a cut above. Go ahead and subscribe. If you have time, binge watch for a month. Then cancel if you want to. But I'll bet you a beer that you won't want to cancel. You'll cancel your Amazon Prime or Netflix subscription first. The content is simply that good.

I haven't looked to see if he has a forum for members only to discuss his vids, but if he does, I plan on learning from it this season.

His video content is how he makes his income. He obviously has invested thousands of dollars in camera and video editing computers and software. But it is not the high production value that makes his videos valuable.

It is his knowledge of how the human body works and his experimentation on how to apply that to skiing which provides the value.

I will go out on a limb here, but I am willing to bet Tom Gellie was not the typical skiing phenom who "naturally" always skied at a higher level. Because he has obviously thought through everything he teaches and, in my experience, that type of understanding only comes from a mere mortal who, although has attained personal phenomenal skiing, had to work at it. And, as a result, knows what works and what doesn't work based on personal experience.

Such that he can convey via his videos to us mere mortals what really works.

Oh yeah, there is a lot of "dry land content" - which will happen between your ears. And you won't be able to stop thinking/visualizing about it.

I subscribed a few months ago and have gotten a ton out of it. I did just cancel and resubscribe to take advantage of the discount. He does have a private Facebook group for his subscribers.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
How do I find that group?

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Search on FB for Ski Mentor. Hasn’t been very active but that may change as his list of subscribers grow.

TS
Mike King

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
He's not intending to continue the Ski Mentor page but said he is intending to get a forum going. He also has webinars that become some of the content on the site now and then, but by paying a modest few ($10 AUS), you get to be live and ask questions.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I just finished the 2 hour What To Do With Your Arms webinar, it's really eye opening.

It has completely changed the way I look at the pole plant and the use of my arms. I can't wait to try it on snow.

The Fore/Aft video with his moving from “Front side heavy” to “neutral” to “Back side heavy” explanation is equally great. The concept isn't new, but the way he describes and shows it is fantastic.

I've never experienced a ski trainer with his pedagogical skills before. Life changing.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
The Fore/Aft Short Turns video is fantastic.
The What To Do With Your Arms Part 1, is a must see.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
30% off discount code on monthly or 1/4ly subscriptions. It carries over to renewals too, so for $90.99 you get 3 months, renewable for $90.99. That's $181.96 through March 15th. Code expires soon, I think in 2 days, but not sure.

Code is SLUSH.
Code still works, 9/17/20

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Tom just said that "I’ve extended the SLUSH discount for another week." That was last night.

Two 1/4ly subscriptions thus carries through the end of March. $90.99 now and if you want, $90.99 in three months.

Sponsor