• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom Gellie's Videos

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
A bit more than a month ago, I had the privilege of attending two indoor clinics with Tom Gellie. It was probably one of the best indoor clinics I've ever attended. I only regret that I had clients in town so that I was unable to do the on-snow portion of the event.

Gellie has an on-line coaching presence and also has many videos that he provides behind a paywall. It isn't cheap, at $50/month, so I hesitated to check them out. After a lot of internal debate, I decided to at least check them out for a month. All I can say is OMG, I wish I had subscribed when there was still a ski area open so that I could go use some of the understanding that's come from studying his videos.

So, this is an endorsement for truly advanced skiers who are working on your skiing. There's a lot in these videos. Some of the content is likely to challenge some of your beliefs. But if you are in the right place in your development as a skier, these videos can be truly transformative in your understanding and may shortcut some of the development process in your skiing.

Highly Highly Highly recommended.

www.bigpictureskiing.com

Mike

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big fan of Tom’s stuff also. Really enjoyed his podcasts when he was doing them. I was wondering how his videos were but was hesitant with the subscription model. Would be happy to buy them but maybe I’ll splurge for a month or two next season,

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks @Noodler i have seen a few but not all of these. I got through about 1/2 of the first one and there were several moments. I’ve had it stuck in my head that I need to stay forward and the past few months I’ve noticed my tails skidding at the end of my turns. Before things shut down I had started to focus on keeping more weight on my heels and not all on the balls of my feet and started to hold my edges through the turn. That video just showed me why it worked.

Chris V.

Making fresh tracks
Skier
TomGellie.jpg

Tom Gellie

SteveKerr.jpg

Steve Kerr

Separated at birth?

Sponsor