• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom Brady and the Mountain of Death....

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
John Breech/CBSsports.com:
During the 2015 offseason, Tom Brady caused quite a stir when he decided to jump off a40-foot cliff in Costa Rica. Brady wasn't injured during the jump, but Patriots fans did kind of freak out after he put video of the jump on Facebook.

This offseason, there's no cliff-jumping for Brady, but you should definitely still hold your breath Patriots fans because he's decided to do something just as risky: Ski down a double-black diamond slope.

Tom-Brady-skiing-02-15-16.png

Apparently, Brady spent his President's Day at the top of the Rocky Mountains at the Yellowstone Club in Montana.

Let's take a look at the Yellowstone Club map, so you can appreciate the mountain of death that Brady is skiing down (You can see a larger version of the map here).

Brady-ski-map-02-15-16.png

Brady could have done a green "easiest" route, but no, he decided to take on the double-black diamond "experts only" route.

Tom-Brady-key-02-15-16.png

The good news for Patriots fans is that it looks like he made it down the slope with his body still functioning because he was able to post this picture to Facebook.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Doubt he is as bad ass Drew Bledsoe.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
The good news for Patriots fans is that it looks like he made it down the slope with his body still functioning

THANK GOD. I mean the RISKS he took.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you saying he's improperly inflating this?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I thought skiing was off limits for NFL players...contractually speaking.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
John Breech/CBSsports.com:
During the 2015 offseason, Tom Brady caused quite a stir when he decided to jump off a40-foot cliff in Costa Rica. Brady wasn't injured during the jump, but Patriots fans did kind of freak out after he put video of the jump on Facebook.

This offseason, there's no cliff-jumping for Brady, but you should definitely still hold your breath Patriots fans because he's decided to do something just as risky: Ski down a double-black diamond slope.

Tom-Brady-skiing-02-15-16.png

Apparently, Brady spent his President's Day at the top of the Rocky Mountains at the Yellowstone Club in Montana.

Let's take a look at the Yellowstone Club map, so you can appreciate the mountain of death that Brady is skiing down (You can see a larger version of the map here).

Brady-ski-map-02-15-16.png

Brady could have done a green "easiest" route, but no, he decided to take on the double-black diamond "experts only" route.

Tom-Brady-key-02-15-16.png

The good news for Patriots fans is that it looks like he made it down the slope with his body still functioning because he was able to post this picture to Facebook.

Humm, But that is a Private (Club Members Only) Ski Resort. I would be more scared for Brady if he were skiing down a catwalk at Vail at 4pm on a Holiday. Waaaaay more dangerous.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
I thought skiing was off limits for NFL players...contractually speaking.
I thought that was a source of contention with Drew Bledsoe. Well, he's skiing for sure now

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it's absolutely hilarious that NFL [execs, fans, etc] think skiing is more dangerous than, uh, playing in the f-ing NFL. Which of course it isn't; it just doesn't bring in the revenue as playing in the f-ing NFL. But ... :doh:

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
In Athletic Training circles, skiing is classified in the highest risk category which includes both football and skiing--which they consider both to be contact sports.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
There are a few YC instructors/employees on TGR. From what I understand...

Many have seen Tom Brady ski. Per them, he skis like you would expect a guy to ski who sends most of his Winter playing a different sport.

Further, I understand that it is entirely possible to take your picture at that sign and then have your choice of green/blue groomer down.

General consensus seems to be that the sign was likely as close as he got to any of that terrain, if any of that should be considered "scary" or "dangerous" to begin with.

Sponsor