• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Toko Big Wax Box

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anyone here know anything about this person? I did payment through PayPal friends and family so the seller would not pay a fee. The payment went to Robinson Outdoor Group. I checked with Paypal and I have no recourse due to the payment method. Payment came out of my bank account so I have no recourse there either. This person has not done anything they said they would do and will not respond to messages or this thread. It looks like he has been a member since 2016 and has sold a few pairs of skis that appear to have been good transactions. It appears I am out $50.00. I did not expect this to happen on Pugski. I do not expect to get any money back. I always try to be positive but it appears that the writing is on the wall with this transaction. Phil or Tricia is there anything that can be done to this members account to minimize this being done to anyone else?

I was just informed by the seller today (a week late) that the item was shipped. I do not know when it was shipped nor have a tracking number yet. He says he will dig it up and send it to me. I firmly believe that I am not wrong here. Seller did not do what they said they would and would not respond. I gave it over a week before I posted this thread. In my opinion that was long enough. I never accused the seller of anything just non-response. This thread was to inform on how not to make a Paypal payment. I would never have done friends and family payment if I did not believe the seller was legit. This all seemed way out of context for this seller hence my giving it a week. Please put yourselves in my shoes before you judge this.

Last edited:

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
To all. Thanks for the replies. I would like to make something clear. I posted this thread in the General Skiing area (that is now locked) where I stated that Pugksi is not at fault for any of this and that I will most likely purchase again off of the Garage sale forum. Please do not think that any of this is blame on the site. It is not. This is my fault not theirs. My intention was to make clear how possibly not to make a PayPal friends and family payment. Pugski admin stepped in and got a response from the seller.

The seller now states that he mailed it yesterday. I cannot confirm this as I still do not have a tracking number nor do I know whether it shipped UPS or USPS as he states both. I have never had a negative thing to say about Pugski but rather the opposite. There is no way that they can screen who can post and who cannot as most people are aware. I enjoy this site and will continue to use it. My five star rating has not changed.

I will post again once I receive it. And do thank Pugski for caring.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To all. Thanks for the replies. I would like to make something clear. I posted this thread in the General Skiing area (that is now locked) where I stated that Pugksi is not at fault for any of this and that I will most likely purchase again off of the Garage sale forum. Please do not think that any of this is blame on the site. It is not. This is my fault not theirs. My intention was to make clear how possibly not to make a PayPal friends and family payment. Pugski admin stepped in and got a response from the seller.

The seller now states that he mailed it yesterday. I cannot confirm this as I still do not have a tracking number nor do I know whether it shipped UPS or USPS as he states both. I have never had a negative thing to say about Pugski but rather the opposite. There is no way that they can screen who can post and who cannot as most people are aware. I enjoy this site and will continue to use it. My five star rating has not changed.

I will post again once I receive it. And do thank Pugski for caring.
Thank you Big J.
I sincerely hope this has a happy ending.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
To date I have made numerous purchases online via PayPal and credit card direct. Addition I am a vendor and accept same. Despite all wrongly intentioned individuals out there I have been very lucky so far.

The biggest issue I see here is lack of communication, regardless if who it is. A little more communication by both parties would likely not have started this thread.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
To date I have made numerous purchases online via PayPal and credit card direct. Addition I am a vendor and accept same. Despite all wrongly intentioned individuals out there I have been very lucky so far.

The biggest issue I see here is lack of communication, regardless if who it is. A little more communication by both parties would likely not have started this thread.
I agree 100%. Communication has to be from both sides not just one as is the case here. In my opinion PayPal is still the best way to pay and to be paid.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
This was actually posted USPS Priority and picked up
Tuesday May 7, 2019, 5:23 pm
USPS picked up item
I received it today Thursday May 9th 2019.
There are no stickers anywhere on the box. Not a big deal to me. Seller never did provide a tracking number but I did receive it.

Last edited:

Sponsor