• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Toe socks for skiing?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had foot surgery this past summer and my PT recommended toe socks to keep my toes from swelling. I've grown to really like the toe socks, and am thinking about trying them for skiing.

Does anyone here have any experience with using toe socks for skiing? What do the bootfitters think (mine always wants very thin socks)? The toe socks would take up a little more space in the toe area, but I'm going to need boots with more space there anyway.

Thanks.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am out of the loop and don't have much of an idea what toe socks are, other than the funky cool ones we wore back in Jr high.

Kiki

Dreams are the touchstones of our characters
Skier
They are like knit gloves and each toe has its own pocket.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had foot surgery this past summer and my PT recommended toe socks to keep my toes from swelling. I've grown to really like the toe socks, and am thinking about trying them for skiing.

Does anyone here have any experience with using toe socks for skiing? What do the bootfitters think (mine always wants very thin socks)? The toe socks would take up a little more space in the toe area, but I'm going to need boots with more space there anyway.

Thanks.

My bootfitter uses them, and sells the ski version. Injinji is the brand. I wear them frequently for running and boxing, and they help alleviate bunion pain because they keep my toes separated. Since I have more toe room in my new ski boots, they would work for me, but I think I may need to remold the toe area of the Intuition liner for them to fit well.

I’d say go for it. My bootfitter had toe/foot pain while skiing last year and said when he switched to the Injinji the pain went away.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I have two pair in my rotation of about a dozen and wear them whenever they get to the top.
They take a few mins extra to get on (or perhaps I'm just a klutz) but once on they're great and IMHO are better for sweaty feet.
I think i may slowly switch over entirely to them as my collection of ultra-thin Euro socks wears out.

Not colder (and I have cold feet) but also no warmer, I'd say.

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My bootfitter uses them, and sells the ski version. Injinji is the brand. I wear them frequently for running and boxing, and they help alleviate bunion pain because they keep my toes separated. Since I have more toe room in my new ski boots, they would work for me, but I think I may need to remold the toe area of the Intuition liner for them to fit well.

I’d say go for it. My bootfitter had toe/foot pain while skiing last year and said when he switched to the Injinji the pain went away.
Thank you! Injinji is the brand I've been using daily. I just ordered a few of the over the calf styles, and I'll take them with me when I go for my bootfitting.

Would they possibly be colder, in the same way gloves are colder than mittens?
Maybe? But I'll most likely be getting new boots, and I don't think many could be colder than my Langes.

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am out of the loop and don't have much of an idea what toe socks are, other than the funky cool ones we wore back in Jr high.
They are like that! They keep your toes from getting all squished together.

Sponsor

Staff online