• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

To *everyone* over forty and the twenty-somethings on the internet

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Why?
You scored 100%!
And you get extra credit for expressing what we all should know, but still forget.
Bravo!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
To clarify: I hold the concept of "age appropriate" clothing for adults, not children, in the same regard as mom jeans, dad jeans, mom haircuts, etc. And I live in a section of the city where the majority still dress like pilgrims!

Not to dig myself in deeper, but since I bought up body type, I will certainly say I've seen some darn sexy plus size women in this world.
When I used to spend allot of time around my cities boat house row area, river drives, I would often see a buxom blond who I wouldn't have had to think about for a millisecond had I thought I'd have a chance with her. Half my age, always with her black mastiff which complimented her size beautifully. She'd dress in black spandex top to bottom and looked good, seriously good. She totally owned it, exuded confidence, very desirable! I'm 99.9% sure @cantopplemensa wouldn't have thought twice about that one either. Ok nuff said I'll leave it to @formerly know as DesiredUsername to dig me out of this one, or not ;)
No, please continue.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wear socks and thongs (the on your feet type and I still call them thongs not sandals). "I'm still the best skier on the mountain!"

I care about lots of things, other people's opinions aren't one of them. How I treat and relate to others does matter. I must be comfortable with my actions and behavior.

Eric

@Philpug Sometimes I enjoy a Steel Reserve. Other times I prefer Odouls (Amber). Usually it's a craft stout. But I hope we can enjoy a drink together regardless.

I do cheat at boat racing - that's not a problem?

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wear socks and thongs (the on your feet type and I still call them thongs not sandals). -
Me too, only I call them house shoes, the Birkenstock sandals, that is, and yes I do wear them out in public with socks on my feet, LOL.
I grew up referring to those horrid plastic things known as flip-flops as thongs, a generational thing for sure.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
images

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wear socks and thongs (the on your feet type and I still call them thongs not sandals). "I'm still the best skier on the mountain!"

I care about lots of things, other people's opinions aren't one of them. How I treat and relate to others does matter. I must be comfortable with my actions and behavior.

Eric

@Philpug Sometimes I enjoy a Steel Reserve. Other times I prefer Odouls (Amber). Usually it's a craft stout. But I hope we can enjoy a drink together regardless.

I do cheat at boat racing - that's not a problem?
Even though we might disagree an some topics, I think we will have some great conversations because we respect each others views. While I am not a beer drinker, I prefer vodka, bourbon, gin, bourbon and scotch, I think we can figure something out. I cheat at golf, so I guess that makes us even.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sure, let's see, where to begin ... my mother is Gumby, my father mister potato head, my sisters are cabbage patch dolls and I'm a chia pet ... :(
So let me make sure I got that right; your mother is very flexible, your father has maybe a bit too much starch around the collar, your sisters behave like they're still cute little kids but in reality are pretty ugly, and you are still trying to grow out of a mold that everyone expects you to be.
Is that right?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
As for the serious OP, it must be me because I didn't notice anything that looked way out of line. OP asked for some feedback, folks kicked in their .02 whether relevant or experienced or not. But, I didn't see any preaching or serious criticism happening. I agree that brow beating would be a horrible thing to do when a friend opens up about a deeply personal and serious life event.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sure, let's see, where to begin ... my mother is Gumby, my father mister potato head, my sisters are cabbage patch dolls and I'm a chia pet ... :(
I didn't know your father was a common Tater. :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online