• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

To buy or not to buy

Emil

Putting on skis
Skier
Since we are in the season of the green hell I only ski the internet in while waiting for the real thing. I have sort of already commited to buy a new allmountain ski since I have the bindings new in a box. Suddenly I stumble a cross a decent deal on a Völkl 100 eight 181.

What do I want: A new daily driver with focus on soft snow performance but not bad on the groomers. Dont mind a wider ski, used my Super 7 this year as daily ski but they are to wide and a little bit soft/floppy on the harder stuff.

Me.
Advanced skier 220lbs currently seaching for the soft stuff all the time. I like quick turny skis with a little tail rocker.
Current quiver: Völkl code speedwall L. Love hate relationship. They are good for me but boring a whole day
Rossi super 7, Have 45 days on them, now with Kingpins. Best ski I ever owned but I have sort of grew out of them.
Black crows Nocta 188 Seriously I dont need these were I live. Fun but slighly to center mounted. But I got them cheap.

Buy or not to buy that is the question. I promised myself to demo this time but then it is hard to get a good deal. Or shold I consider for example the new Salomon qst 106.

TS
Emil

Emil

Putting on skis
Skier
Never mind. This season just became more "shitty". Before buying anything I need to top of the house emergency fund. Just after writing above post first the washing machine broke then I had a plug in the drain and I filled the garage with not so nice stuff. All ski stuff hangs in the roof or on the walls but the rest... We will see how much is covered by insurance.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OOOOOF. Not cool, major appliances can be so vindictive.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Never mind. This season just became more "shitty". Before buying anything I need to top of the house emergency fund. Just after writing above post first the washing machine broke then I had a plug in the drain and I filled the garage with not so nice stuff. All ski stuff hangs in the roof or on the walls but the rest... We will see how much is covered by insurance.

:(

TS
Emil

Emil

Putting on skis
Skier
Fixed the plug, got help from a frendly neighbour who is doing this "shit" for living. Insurance covers most of it and after some basic cleaning I found out that it looked much worse from the beginning. But still no new skis. But I can compile a demolist. Now I will celebrate the first step back to normal with a bike ride.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
First world problems. I haven't had a garage since the 1990s. I wouldn't store my ski gear in there if I did. We have a decent shed, but it isn't climate controlled. Had too many bad experiences with extreme heat and humidity, dew, etc wrecking my good gear when I tried storing it in the garage years ago or in the shed more recently. My good gear stays in the climate controlled house always indoors off season. I do leave gear in the ski box from time to time during the ski season. Stuff doesn't rust when it's cold enough.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
All my tuned ready for next year skis are at safely stored at my regular ski shop. Is there any better place to leave them? Free service for their loyal customers. Suspect that I am not the only one leaving their quiver with their favorite shop.

Sponsor