• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Timberline discussion begins at minute 37

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ski-podcast/id1293102565?i=1000444658464

“In Episode 38 Jim and Iain find out about how to start skiing if you're blind or visually impaired, offer tips on resorts for beginners and hear about a heliskiing adventure in Iceland.

We find out about Val d'Isère's new podcast as well as the fascinating rise and fall of Timberline resort.”

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Timberline discussion begins at minute 37

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ski-podcast/id1293102565?i=1000444658464

“In Episode 38 Jim and Iain find out about how to start skiing if you're blind or visually impaired, offer tips on resorts for beginners and hear about a heliskiing adventure in Iceland.

We find out about Val d'Isère's new podcast as well as the fascinating rise and fall of Timberline resort.”

Brilliant editing. Understated as only the Brits can do. You were the straight man,

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Brilliant editing. Understated as only the Brits can do. You were the straight man,

There’s some great content on the podcast writ large—worth downloading a bunch of episodes for your next drive to Canaan Valley. Jim an Iain have a quirky British sense of humor.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
That podcast was a great recap. I am starting to have my doubts if the resort will ever open again.

So currently

a copy of a $2.2 million proposal dated April 2018 from Skytrac Services to replace the Silver Queen lift with a fixed grip quad is making the rounds.

a Winterhaven homeowner/land owner is trying to get people to invest in a "Chairlift Trust". Rumor is that it is the same party that bought the Timberline Stable property and was fronting money to the tree trimmers who attempted to open Tline for Herz last season.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
According to this article, Maple Valley sold for $745K last May.

When they first closed up way back when. They wanted $4 million. No takers. Sat fallow for decades.

Sponsor

Staff online