• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
maybe moored to a fantasy. Those are the most ridiculous incomprehensible unneeded letters possible. It's totally self incriminating. I think Mike did fine to post it as is with little comment. SkiSE does a good service to the region. We're all grieving in our own ways :(

And if true I would be so pissed if they really turned down an offer from Snowshoe. Not a lot of those in the queue.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
A reliable poster on Timber-lies announced that another groomer was repossesed this week by Pistenbully. This means that the resort now only has one functional groomer. I received an announcement from CVPSD about the receivership and where utility checks should now be mailed. Other than that, not much to report.

TS
Dr. Bighair

Dr. Bighair

Dr. Style
Skier
power turned off. which is welcome news to the neighborhood because they've left the night skiing lights on 24/7 for months...at least the few that were still working

Last edited:

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
A reliable poster on Timber-lies announced that another groomer was repossesed this week by Pistenbully. This means that the resort now only has one functional groomer. I received an announcement from CVPSD about the receivership and where utility checks should now be mailed. Other than that, not much to report.

power turned off. which is welcome news to the neighborhood because they've left the night skiing lights on 24/7 for months...at least the few that were still working

I spent 4 nights in the valley skiing CV slopes for 3 days in early March. When leaving I swung through TL for old times. I noted what had been about 15 groomers in various states of operational readiness in the TL parked equip area, most appeared to not be usable. I was shocked to see this much apparently unusable ski grooming equipment at the resort. How did such a waste happen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Dunno what WV law is, but can the state/county clean up the dump and then place a lien on the property for the cost of cleanup? Would be a good way to effectively seize the property.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
So that is of the resort as separate from the utility, who would be the receiver? Can operation or or at least maintenance be started under a receiver?

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
So that is of the resort as separate from the utility, who would be the receiver? Can operation or or at least maintenance be started under a receiver?

I believe this depends on the type of receivership sought. It could be a receivership just to take funds coming in and disburse them properly (i.e., not fraudulently). There are also receivers for dissolution of businesses, where they have more operational authority, but the idea there isn't for them to become new managers of the business.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've lost track of this economic disaster accounting. Other than the shell game with the utility money from downline home owners, i.e. outright fraud, what all do they owe in the form of..
Back taxes..
Property mortgages and other loans
Regulatory fines
Actual utility bills they are responsible for paying.
Anything else?

I'd think whoever is the biggest creditor would get most control of their assets..

Not even going in to the prescription drug dealing racket. That's a whole other can of worms.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
In most states, receivers have significant powers, including the power to sell assets (up to an including an entire enterprise) to pay off creditors. However, I don’t know what powers they have in WV. Does anyone know where Timberline stands these days with back taxes? There’s a holding company that paid its tax liens last year but if that company does not get reimbursed with interest at some point, it will have full title to the property.

Sponsor