• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Mods - is this the correct thread for discussing possible Covid-19 impacts on TLM operations for 20/21? Would just be speculation and I don't want to take away from the positive energy being generated by the construction pics. I did find a general Covid-19 thread:

So maybe the discussion should go there? Or would it be useful to have a TLM-specific thread for this?
There's actually another thread there discussing ski area specific CV19 mitigation and another thread announcing ski areas that are opening for sure.

When do we get to the point where every ski resort discussion involves some of the new or proposed mitigation measures?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Does anyone know if they used to do night skiing? Hopefully they intend to implement it moving forward.

They have night skiing on the Winterset side.. But, the top of Salamander, other side doesn't have lights. I think it was due to forest service requirements or something like that why they can't put lights on the top of Salamander.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know how much the lifts cost, and therefore how much is left to spend on other stuff?

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
My hope is less than $7mil. That would leave $3mil for snow making and lodge. I just received a letter from the water & sewer receivership that says the Perfects are investing more than $12mil in TM. They may be adding in the initial cost to buy the place in bankruptcy, but maybe they are spending over the $10mil? Maybe they received from funds from the Cares Act?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My hope is less than $7mil. That would leave $3mil for snow making and lodge. I just received a letter from the water & sewer receivership that says the Perfects are investing more than $12mil in TM. They may be adding in the initial cost to buy the place in bankruptcy, but maybe they are spending over the $10mil? Maybe they received from funds from the Cares Act?
Under the present pandemic scenario, the lodge can probably wait another year for most of the renovations there. They really only need bathrooms working and a few other essentials. The way things look, they'll only need the lodge to handle half what it will need to handle when full capacity post COVID19 vaccine. Snowmaking and lifts now, nice lodge accomadations later.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
received_255147912231477.jpeg The lodge is missing some windows. There are a ton of workers this week. Were going to see some progress. I'm just not sure what all they will be working on

Sponsor