• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Bottom of Six Pack is all covered up.
OK ladies and gents of DCSki and Canaan Valley lovers, where are the reports/pictureS about TL from this past weekend? If none, should be bunches heading that way for Memorial Day weekend!!!
Oops, missed the button to look at additional pictures, still want to see lots of reports and chatter next weekend.
For those of us that don’t frequent the CV this time of year, amazing to see the lack of green on the trees! Anybody heard anymore about the Perfects plans to update their TLM Website towRd the end of May? This whole TLM saga is so exciting, especially when I’m 79 and unsure how much skiing have left in this body!
Take care all, stay safe!!
Anyone know the Covid-19 situation in the Valley and Davis??
The Colonel

Last edited:

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK ladies and gents of DCSki and Canaan Valley lovers, where are the reports/pictureS about TL from this past weekend? If none, should be bunches heading that way for Memorial Day weekend!!!

Uh, Covid?

I'll defer to the locals on the current desire for tourist and second home owner spending vs public safety. From what I've read, WV and RoVA have loosened restrictions a lot more than in the immediate DC area.

But bunches is not a great phrase these days...

And this is not DCSki. Check your GPS.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes @JohnL things are still pretty quiet in Tucker County. Greta and I went down last weekend and cleaned up the mess we left at the house when we split in March. The change of scenery was good. Found time for a hike on the mountain but stayed to ourselves for the most part. Chatted with a guy in the Timberline parking lot for bit, it was his first trip since March as well. What this weekend will bring crowd wise is hard to say but it was remarkably quiet in Thomas, Davis and Canaan Valley.

@The Colonel I checked over at DCSki for you and you are right, they don't have any posts about Timberline in the last ten days. Maybe you can go over there shake things up.

Very quiet

BA763CD1-D3AB-4FCB-BF5A-D580DC4993EB.jpeg
63A2699C-3106-4630-984C-7E774BA79F6F.jpeg

Last edited:

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've been living in central VA for over 15 years now and somehow have never heard the term RoVA. I like it!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been living in central VA for over 15 years now and somehow have never heard the term RoVA. I like it!
I'm trying to figure out what "RoVA" stands for. NOVA, SOVA, EAVA, and WEVA would all make some sense. What's "Ro"?

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Ive had my place up there rented this last weekend and next weekend fwiw..kind of slow filling in the rest of the Summer..hope thats corona related...4 Tucker folks got the Covid..probably got it in Elkins or Oakland..bet they are healed now..Chip (WG). has been mixing up a batch of Moonshine mixed with Hydroclora whatever Trumps been taking stuff..working?...my camp down here at the beach in SE Carolina is Humming..its like its been memorial weekend for 3 weeks straight..had to go buy some beaten down Energy stocks $$$....

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
And what does “RoVA” stand for: “Republic of Virginia” perhaps?!!!
I just saw the answer, but I kinda like my interpretation.
The Colonel

Last edited:

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Uh, Covid?

I'll defer to the locals on the current desire for tourist and second home owner spending vs public safety. From what I've read, WV and RoVA have loosened restrictions a lot more than in the immediate DC area.

But bunches is not a great phrase these days...

And this is not DCSki. Check your GPS.
OK JohnL & Your Excellence, Mayor Jimmy, Here is what I posted on DCSki:
“Yo, DCSkiers, what’s going on at Timberline Mountain,WV? We need pictures and details about the ongoing revitalization of this ski area by the Perfects, the new TLM mountain owners. Tons of positive changes coming for the 20-21 ski season! Remodeled lodge, zip towers gone, old lifts gone, new lifts under construction (including a high speed six person chair), new improved & repaired snow making, etc!!!
what are the ultimate and interim plans for snowmaking? Few details known about this most important aspect of the new/future TLM, the Perfect Ski Mountain!?
Assuming Covid-19 still a big problem this coming ski season, how might TLM operate within distancing protections, etc. For example: only load two per six pack chair and only on the ends of each chair!?
The Colonel“

Maybe we can have some fun trying to help TLM and/or any ski area for that manner having to operate next winter in a “Covid-19 Distancing Environment”. How, what, whatever??!! Your thoughts!!!

Last edited:

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Using a piece of equipment to drag concrete trucks around is not unusual.

RVA = Richmond, VA

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Assuming Covid-19 still a big problem this coming ski season, how might TLM operate within distancing protections, etc. For example: only load two per six pack chair and only on the ends of each chair!?

TL4S was social distancing on Silver Queen before social distancing was cool LOL

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online