• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Keep hope Alive!
Thanks Mr Fish for posting this! Hope abounds!!
Keep hope Alive!

Mr FISH, Keep posting this updated for the next week or so. Looking at what you posted I cannot tell if this means no snow for the I95 corridor in Virginia, or whether this is like a front swinging across VA, bringing the snow a couple days later?!
MorganB aka The colonel

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Jeebus, it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock all night.

I had to go to the bathroom a lot.
Been like that every weekend...Rain to snow...but looking at the NEW mid station Cam at Canaan the slopes look like they held up well...tonight will be a different story than last night..thats Canaan..rain to winter wonderland...rinse..repeat....

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
next weekends storm potential seems to be drifting out to the fishes but lose one gain another sometimes..system dropping down could still drop some snow...no whopper though!..dont usually even look at a model run that far out but its been Soooo long since a nice Dump..getting Dumpy!....Arctic zone is at a neg .5 C Anomaly which is unusual for the times we are in now...maybe old man winter is saving his strength for an end of winter smorgasborg! gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_20.png

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
NWS considers 72 hours out "Long Term" weather, so I like to look at the Teleconnections. The AO & NAO are dropping and PNA stays slightly positive. Certainly a better setup then we've seen for a quite a while. https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao.shtml
I used to pay alot of attention to the Idices but got lazy..just easier for me to keep track of multiple Wx Models and watch for trends and consensus...those models have that input plugged into them anyway but yah..neg Nao..positive Pna good for East Coast..but then you have to factor in all these other ones to fine tune the probabilities and Ugghhh..not for this Joe 6 pack Deplorable!

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was talking with one of the guys at Perfect North the other day seems like there is quite a bit of deferred maintenance with the lifts and that’s being nice About the deferred. I guess I’m just glad my kids survived the trip a few years back. The place has a ton of potential so hopefully the snowmaking upgrades and lift upgrades can get done this year and ready to open for next season. They seem to think it will all be ready.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
Definitely trying to hit the WV color scheme. Exited for this place to return.

1580489402404.png

Mobile site has a new logo, too. I like it.

Screenshot_20200131-115303.png

James

Out There
Instructor
So they added “Mountain” to the name?
Not bad. Separates it from Oregon a little. I think.

Skisix

Booting up
Skier
Logo is good. Adding "Mountain" is good. Temp website is clean, with an image that actually makes me want to hit the slopes, and a simple, direct, and believable message about opening next season. Also timberlinemountain.com is a much better domain name than timberline4sr.com (although they might want to consider registering timberlinemtn.com as well). All good signs!

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
FB groups posted old lift Thunderstruck getting taken down yesterday.

Good news for sure about Thunderstruck. My concern now is Silver Queen. If the new owners are bringing in Doppelmayr to install a new lift replacement for Thunderstruck, wouldn’t it make sense financially to install two new lifts given the costs associated with having a construction crew at the mountain—cheaper to install two at the same time than separately. It seems like this is how it goes at many resorts—multiple new lifts are installed in the same time-frame. Any thoughts? Should the second lift be installed where the Queen sits today or built on the west side of the mountain?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid