• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Hopefully the New and Improved TL will be able to be flexible with Openings ect...get it while the gettins good!...
........Canaan has been stuck on the weekend starting the14th...they could have opened the tube run and midstation at the ski area over TGiving...they could easily open next weekend top to bottom but they will open the following weekend and its a way out but it could be a wet one..hope not..wish them luck...
........fgot to mention the Euro went with 4" for this just starting snow event at Canaan...and the RGEM just went all bullish this AM with 10"..*at 10-1 snow ratio......so German is at 2..Rgem at 10 and everyone else inbetween with 6 a popular figure...NWS stuck on 5...stay tuned!:wine:
10 days ago the gfs showed a rainy weekend for Canaans opening...guess what..its raining...open early..stay open as long as you can...thats the PERFECT plan!..........
Luckily some colder air moving in for this afternoon....

Bananana

Booting up
Skier
Was anyone able to confirm that closing occurred last week as scheduled?

The attached document shows that the judge approved the payment of the undisputed secured creditors and approved administrative creditors (listed in the attached doc) but states that the remainder of the proceeds wont be distributed to other parties until the court orders those disbursements.

I guess this seems to imply the the attorneys have received the proceeds, which I think would mean the deal has closed? I'm guessing the remainder of the funds are just held up from being paid to the sellers until the court can work through the validity of all other claims. It doesn't seem like that should hold up the closing, but I'm not an expert in bankruptcy law / closing procedures.

Attachments

• 260.pdf
    136.9 KB · Views: 28

JayDubs

Booting up
Skier
The attached document shows that the judge approved the payment of the undisputed secured creditors and approved administrative creditors (listed in the attached doc) but states that the remainder of the proceeds wont be distributed to other parties until the court orders those disbursements.

I guess this seems to imply the the attorneys have received the proceeds, which I think would mean the deal has closed? I'm guessing the remainder of the funds are just held up from being paid to the sellers until the court can work through the validity of all other claims. It doesn't seem like that should hold up the closing, but I'm not an expert in bankruptcy law / closing procedures.
Seems like a good guess. Now that the money has been received I suspect they have figure who gets what out of an amount less than the total indebtedness. I’ve been looking for some kind of press release announcing their game plan. That’s probably going to take some time.

Bearsden

Booting up
Skier
Mentioned earlier on this site that there were tax liens sold to WVTD LLC, the eight liens totaling around $107K were published in this week's Advocate showing the due date for redemption being March 31, 2020. I assume Perfect will be soon paying these.

mmcshane

Pugski Lurker
Skier
Any news on the bankruptcy hearing?

The hearing on the 18th was continued until January 15th. From what I can tell, the court approved the following expenses- the lawyers for the committee of unsecured creditors; the broker, David Bailey who was working for Timberline Realty; First United Trust and Bank, Canaan Valley Gas, Canaan Valley Public Service District (not the big amount they are alleging they are owed, but instead the amount they owe for water over the last few months), Monongahela Power, real estate taxes, and closing costs associated with sale. Everything else is still appears to be on hold. Interestingly, as of 12/19, according to an objection filed by the unsecured creditors committee, the sale had not closed (it doesn't appear that anyone is concerned about this and that is not what the objection was about, but it was noted in their filings).

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Stopped by Timberline yesterday on my way home from Snowshoe.
1576986344065.jpeg
1576986390532.jpeg
1576986458643.jpeg

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
They should be at least half open with a thousand people on the hill. About a hundred pairs of skis and boards are randomly abandoned around the deck. Two good quads running to the summit, and a good triple running to the mid while beginners fall off the magic carpet slope. Light snow is moving in. Someone is starting a fire in lodge. A bunch of kids are laughing their way down salamander. I'm over on twister which I have never seen in good snow. Pizza and a warm drink are waiting in the house. Next year....

Last edited:

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I talked to one of the managers at PNS this weekend and while he didn't offer up much in the way of details he did say they are already working with some companies on snow making and other upgrades. I would assume SMI would be the maker of snow making equipment since that's what they use at PNS.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Had a chat recently with a realtor in the valley. Apparently, several of the major lift manufacturers have visited the resort lately and that Perfect North intends to instal a new Quad. No one knows what type of quad—fixed grp or detachable. Also, property sales have skyrocketed. The problem is no inventory. No one wants to sell, obviously for good reason.

Sponsor

Staff online