• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
This should be like tline independence day. Closing. Where's the news, the cheers. I have to leave work soon to attend a critical event at a local pub. I'd like have more reason to season.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
This should be like tline independence day. Closing. Where's the news, the cheers. I have to leave work soon to attend a critical event at a local pub. I'd like have more reason to season.
Do we know that it closed today?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd be more concerned if there were rumblings that it did NOT close. No news is probably good news.

19BigBadJoe74

Booting up
Skier
The deadline for anyone to contest the sale has passed and nothing was filed. They were at closing yesterday but I can not verify at this time if it was completed or ran over to today.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
87 pages for a resort named "Timberline" which is nowhere near the altitude of timberline. In fact, there is plenty of timber at the top of the mountain (according to satellite photos). And confusing because the "real" Timberline is Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood in Oregon......

I get snookered into reading this thread every time because I see the word "Timberline" and forget to read the rest of the title.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
87 pages for a resort named "Timberline" which is nowhere near the altitude of timberline. In fact, there is plenty of timber at the top of the mountain (according to satellite photos). And confusing because the "real" Timberline is Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood in Oregon......

I get snookered into reading this thread every time because I see the word "Timberline" and forget to read the rest of the title.
It's too late anyway... somebody else already bought it..

teebrews

Poachin' your zit hill
Skier
Pass Pulled

That famous "west coast vibe" in full effect. Thanks for sharing what it's all about. The big red MID-ATLANTIC tag sure is easy to miss...

It is ironic though - Timberline WV - a Perfect Resort (formally Timberline Four Seasons Resort) has a marine west coast climate 'Cfb' (bright green), like the lower slopes of the Cascades near Mount Hood. It's the Mid-Atl's own private Oregon. I always thought it was a good homage to Timberline Lodge, because nobody (except guy) would ever confuse the two. The valley's rich timber history also adds context to the name. T-line has topics for discussion, but the name 'aint one of 'em. Whenever they start selling shares, futures or passes, we'll all be buying in. See you at the Snowy Luau Mar '21!
tempsnip.png

Last edited:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Give pchewn some slack. Eventually, we all go to Timberline. Come on over to the next event - hey we need to start planning for 2021.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Just to be clear, the new owners seem to have deep enough pockets and a solid history of managing a very successful Midwest ski hill. The former owners were the epitome of poor management and ran the place way in to the ground leaving a pile of worthless equipment after selling every scrap of useful metal/machinery before being evicted.

I do think there will be a learning curve for the Perfect Clan going in to this magnitude of project. It's almost triple the vert with double the acreage. They will literally have to install new EVERYTHING on a resort twice the size of the place they built piece by piece over 40 years.

I'd love to see the project plan, short term high priorities, and long term goals. I'm sure the home owners are also extremely interested in what to expect next season and the coming years.

Last edited by a moderator:

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just to be clear, the new owners seem to have deep enough pockets and a solid history of managing a very successful Midwest ski hill. The former owners were the epitome of poor management and ran the place way in to the ground leaving a pile of worthless equipment after selling every scrap of useful metal/machinery before being evicted.

I do think there will be a learning curve for the Perfect Klan going in to this magnitude of project. It's almost triple the vert with double the acreage. They will literally have to install new EVERYTHING on a resort twice the size of the place they built piece by piece over 40 years.

I'd love to see the project plan, short term high priorities, and long term goals. I'm sure the home owners are also extremely interested in what to expect next season and the coming years.
While they visited prior to the purchase, it sounds like the new owners have been on site quite a bit the last two weeks to figure it all out and come up with a realistic plan. I'm quite anxious to hear what the plan is but am trying to be patient. Hopefully they will be able/willing to share the plan with us sooner than later.

James

Out There
Instructor
They missed out on the Hermitage bankruptcy sale of snow guns and equipment in October. Vail bought it.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Wonder if the plan will include getting a Liquor License?

Bananana

Booting up
Skier
I defer to the eminent Mr. Fish (whose weather prognostications I have valued highly for years over on DCSki) and his recommendation of TropicalTidbits.com, but I can also recommend pivotalweather.com - https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php

Excellent suggestion, thanks. I haven't seen this site before. At first glance it appears to have some clear advantages over TT including the ability to quickly zoom into regions and the ability to see accumulated snowfall based on ECMWF, not just the GFS.

One other site I'd throw in the ring is https://weather.us/ - It's not quite as clean at the TT or pivotalweather sites, but has ECMWF forecasts for snow depth that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Bananana

Booting up
Skier
The deadline for anyone to contest the sale has passed and nothing was filed. They were at closing yesterday but I can not verify at this time if it was completed or ran over to today

There is some kind of hearing scheduled for today. I haven kept up with the documents the last two weeks so I'm not exactly sure of the status. Might be able to look at it and update later.

Sponsor

Staff online