• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I was hoping to see a picture of the "dump site". I know from experience that scrapping out an old snowmobile will put about $30.00 in your pocket. From the description that @jimmy posted above it sounds like a substantial amount of material is there. If you bring in a decent company to scrap out the items they could conceivably make a fair amount of money off the metals recovered. the big issues are going to be any environmental concerns stemming from spills, leakage etc.for that they are going to need a good environmental remediation company.

Squaremouth

Booting up
Pass Pulled
Wow! That will take some man power. I bet there’s snakes living under some of that crap. But the landfill is right there so it’s a short drive. Could Tucker County donate free Landfill use? Would be totally worth it to the county to promote future tax revenue imho. I know there’s folks who clean up the river and stuff they could help. Anyway to get it done for free with just donated labor?? I know there’s B.S. Science degrees/environmentalists who live in Davis.

This all sucks, but if cleaning up their crap does it, I think that’s worth it. The hotel issue I think won’t be solved for at least year maybe, probably more. Those nasty folks holding the whole town hostage for $$ for their crap hotel. This Timberline situation reminds me of a divorce. It is really similar, lots of emotions and such. Been there. It just sucks.

With Fred and Tracy being charged for running the illegal dump, they would be 100% on board. But they don’t control legal access to the property anymore as of today. That other guys does. I guess everyone would have to sign liability waivers.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Could Tucker County donate free Landfill use? Would be totally worth it to the county to promote future tax revenue imho. I know there’s folks who clean up the river and stuff they could help. Anyway to get it done for free with just donated labor?? I know there’s B.S. Science degrees/environmentalists who live in Davis.

Sure they could, but why would they? This isn't a creek that needs clean-up without someone you can point a finger at that's responsible. In this case someone was completely irresponsible and negligent, and they need to be held to whatever they can be in order to get it fixed.

Not only is bailing them out something that likely won't happen, it should never happen until the responsible party has done everything they can to rectify it. To take care of it otherwise would be bailing them out, and amount to letting a criminal off the hook. If someone ruined my lawn, I'm not going to fix it just because I have a vested interest in a nice lawn - I'm going to make the person that ruined it fix it.

TS
Dr. Bighair

Dr. Bighair

Dr. Style
Skier
sqauremouth already brought this matter with the illegal open dump sites up on timberlies months ago when she was trying to stir up trouble on that fb page. Like the local homeowners who have all this junk piled up in their backyards told her then, they have tried to get together to move the garbage left by cracy and phred themselves but were instructed by attorneys not to because of the legal matters that have arisen because of the herzs illegal activities, bankruptcy, and cracieness in general

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Anyone with a brain can see how great the town is and exactly what caused Timberline the Resort to fail. You have been insinuating and saying since you showed up here that the locals are to blame for the failures of Timberline. That somehow the backwards town folks are the reason poor Fred and Tracy couldn't sell. How exactly or why should the town become "an active player in this." ? The Herz' should become an active player in this and clean that mess up themselves.
HERZ EQUALS MOUTH....

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
This thread has been going south and people started attacking each other. Remember, we'll agree to disagree here. Discussion is fine as long as it is civil and constructive.

We are closing the thread for moderation activities. When we open it back, and that is, if we open it back, we expect proper interactions among community members. In the meantime, please respect our decision and don't open a similar thread. Any attempt to do so will reduce your posting privileges.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dear all, we are unlocking this thread again. Please:
  • respect each other's opinions.
  • do not use the thread to push agendas - no soapboxing is allowed.
To keep it simple, remember that we want to be as cordial in our online conversations as we would be while talking to a ski buddy on a chairlift.

mmcshane

Pugski Lurker
Skier
Debtors seeking permission of court to hire lawyer for purposes of exploring whether they have possible lawsuit against their prior lawyer Richard Neeley for malpractice, etc.

Attachments

• 193.pdf
    94.6 KB · Views: 45

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Debtors seeking permission of court to hire lawyer for purposes of exploring whether they have possible lawsuit against their prior lawyer Richard Neeley for malpractice, etc.

Why is it always some one else’s fault? Unreal.

And why would a lawyer accept a case where a client is suing their previous lawyer? You’ll probably be next.

Working for the debtors is like working for the Washington Redskins - you come out of it worse than you started, with hopefully your reputation still in tact.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
well here we are again -- thanks Philpug for reopening this it's a good resource. Personally the latest events have tired me out, I'll watch and wait to see everyone on the slopes, whether that's at Whitegrass (my avatar btw), Canaan Valley or very unlikely at T-line

One thing is certain, pugski rocks, at least this BS brought me here

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
So, what'd I miss ? Nevermind. How about them Nats? I mean wow, what a series. Seriously, Scherzer with the cort ? Rendon with the dingers ? Verlander with Ms Upton - omg - who know ? Been a Nats fan for 10 years now since my Reds went to hell. Right now it is 80f down here in the southland. Tornado Warning for another hour. Feels like July. Hard to think about skiing. I have a daughter living in Utah now where there is about 4" of snow on the ground. The Mountains around Logan are huge and it's hard to imagine no ski areas, but Beaver Mountain and Snowbasin are not far away. Powder too but heck of drive up to the top. It's a shorter flight to SLC than a drive to Tline, but I would still do it. Looking very briefly through the informed posts and papers, I don't see any sign that someone wants to open a ski area. Maybe someone does it honestly in this day and age it sounds unlikely. But, someone is reviving Tenney Mountain so maybe I'll keep some hope for Saddleback South.

Hey experts - logically what is next in the process ?

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Thanks Phil for re-opening the forum. This is really the only good source of information on Timberline available these days given that Timberlies Facebook has gone dormant and DCSki does not want the topic discussed. Folks, let’s try to heed Phil’s words of wisdom so that this channel is not closed as well. I certainly intend to.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why is it always some one else’s fault? Unreal.

And why would a lawyer accept a case where a client is suing their previous lawyer? You’ll probably be next.

Working for the debtors is like working for the Washington Redskins - you come out of it worse than you started, with hopefully your reputation still in tact.

Yeah, court should deny the motion. Let the Herzes hire a lawyer after the bankruptcy is resolved, using their own money, not the bankruptcy estate's money. Anyway, if there is merit to the claim of malpractice, then any recovery should go to the bankruptcy estate, not the Herzes, because the lawyer was (presumably) representing the business, or failing to. If the Herzes' claim is that the lawyer was representing them in their personal capacity, then they shouldn't be paying that lawyer from company assets nor should the company be paying to pursue what is a personal claim.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Phil for re-opening the forum. This is really the only good source of information on Timberline available these days given that Timberlies Facebook has gone dormant and DCSki does not want the topic discussed. Folks, let’s try to heed Phil’s words of wisdom so that this channel is not closed as well. I certainly intend to.

Indeed. Sorry I missed the re-opening, I love what you have done with the place.

I would like to note that while I agree with @Johnfmh that this "channel" is really the only good source of information on The Timberline Saga, Pugski is so much more than that. Please don't be a one channel wonder, this place has thousands of channels. Look around, make some new friends and SHARE SOME STOKE!!! I am sure that the Moderation Team has been working overtime dealing with the trolls and folks with an agenda. You are missing the point of this place if all you are here for is to keep up with what is going on or not going on at the slime.

Same Richard Neely as former State Supreme Court Justice Richard Neely? This should be fun to watch if the court allows them to spend $100,000 they supposedly don't have going on a fishing expedition. I think they might need a bigger boat.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Thanks for keeping his thread open, Phil and mods. I really don't have much to contribute but I do want to keep informed. I always liked Timberline over Snowshoe. The shorter drive time was a factor but T-line's terrain was the real draw. I met some really great people that turned out for our Mid-A gatherings who made T-line their home hill. A few have become mainstays at the national gatherings. The Mid-A Gatherings we held there were always a blast and most times we were blessed with good conditions. I missed the last one held there. I hope someday we can all meet there again.

Forgive me for this plug but I want to let all Mid-A skiers in the region know that there will be another Mid-A Gathering this season Feb. 7 - 9. The venue will be Laurel Mountain/Seven Springs. Those that know me also know that I have been a long-time advocate for Laurel and the decade long struggle to get the place reopened. Against great odds, we managed to convince the PA State Parks Bureau to invest $6.5 million to upgrade the infrastructure. What we had going for us was the fact that Laurel is a PA State Park and the officials there convinced Seven Spring to run the operation. The State wanted a bonafide, successful ski operator to run the business so believe it or not, if it weren't for Bob Nutting, there would be no Laurel Mountain.

Laurel is relatively small but the snowmaking acreage they cover is good including one of the steepest and longest runs in the region, Lower Wildcat. Since Laurel reopened, a dedicated cadre of volunteers has been clearing natural snow trails and glades to diversify the terrain when Mother Nature cooperates. Seven Springs and their 285 acres of snowmaking is the co-venue to ensure that there is enough variety to sustain a weekend of dedicated skiers.

I am in the process of securing discounts for participants of our Mid-A gathering. Last year I was able to get folks the day rate group discounts over a weekend at Laurel. I have received a preliminary OK from Laurel's management but I have yet to work out the details. I hope to include discounts for Seven Springs also. There will soon be an official announcement post to outline the details.

Thank you for reading. Now we return to our regularly scheduled topic, Timberline.

mmcshane

Pugski Lurker
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online