• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Some more material posted on Timber-lies Facebook:

1. Press release from the WV PSC announcing that Timberline Utilities is headed into receivership.

2. Two Federal Grand Jury indictments of Timberline owner Fred Reichle for illegal precriptions of opiates.

The resort is closed today and yesterday. Claims it will open this weekend, starting on the 14th.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
A couple of blasts from the past! Thanks for posting, David.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I’m hearing from locals, gunna be a mess this Prez weekend.

No recent snowmaking. Two trails open? Sally and Whiteout. Bunny lift dead.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
It's bittersweet to see all this old stoke. One of my all time favorite powder days was at Tline --i've had deeper but none funner

Boy scouts couldn't make it in and those of us who did make it had no desire to leave.

catching-the-dream-timberline-6.jpg

"interlodged" at the bunkhouse, powder days and fancy craft whiskey from northern VA at night

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
When was this? I can think of a couple candidate days.

My son is a scout and he would be all over that powder!

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
La
When was this? I can think of a couple candidate days.

My son is a scout and he would be all over that powder!

Late Jan. 2016. The bunkhouse was going to be full of scouts but the buses couldn't make it, so folks hit après hard at Timbers and crashed in there

catching-the-dream-8-644x483.jpg

catching-the-dream-3-644x483.jpg

Last edited:

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was the last big storm around here, AFAIR.

It was a fun weekend. We may have crossed paths.

It was almost too deep for the steepness of the terrain - I have bad memories of breaking trail through too many entrances. And there was zero base under the 30 inches of new snow. But, first world problems. ogsmile

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There seems to be a lot of lurkers in this thread, if you haven't signed on to Pugski and become member, now is your chance. We'd love to see your contributions and not just on Timberline.

Nate Tobik

Booting up
Skier
Sad to see the pill mill connection. Loving the stoke.

I've had some of my best powder days in the Mid-A at Timberline. It's sad to think this might be another Laurel Mountain situation where it disappears for a decade before someone figures out how to get it open again.

If someone could keep the lights on, keep the lifts maintained, and update the snow report I'd be willing to head back down. There is so much potential, it's just untapped.

A lot of good memories there, some excellent trees and awesome powder. A shame it's likely to fade away. Maybe someone can pick this up along with Tory Mountain (from Wisp) at a song and build out something worth traveling to.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sad to see the pill mill connection. Loving the stoke.

I've had some of my best powder days in the Mid-A at Timberline. It's sad to think this might be another Laurel Mountain situation where it disappears for a decade before someone figures out how to get it open again.

If someone could keep the lights on, keep the lifts maintained, and update the snow report I'd be willing to head back down. There is so much potential, it's just untapped.

A lot of good memories there, some excellent trees and awesome powder. A shame it's likely to fade away. Maybe someone can pick this up along with Tory Mountain (from Wisp) at a song and build out something worth traveling to.
Sadly we are losing ski areas faster than we are building them. While I have never skied Timberline (or any resorts in WV), I have good friend hwo have and to lose a resort like this really hurts the industry.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sadly we are losing ski areas faster than we are building them. While I have never skied Timberline (or any resorts in WV), I have good friend hwo have and to lose a resort like this really hurts the industry.

Hurts everywhere to lose an area. In the Mid Atlantic TL going out leaves a really unique hole in the region as a whole due to their unmatched terrain and vibe.

Sponsor

Staff online