• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks for posting a version of the trail map with the trees along Silver Streak. That was a fun run.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier

RodneyBD

Hatfield made rain for L.A.
Skier
I've been following the saga on the Timber-lies facebook page, truly a sad situation. The Reichle charges are a real world tragedy that makes our complaints about a broken down and ailing ski resort in WV seem trivial... having said that, I'll make a prediction: TL will be sold in the next 180 days. Dr. Reichle is facing the very real prospect of dying in prison. He will take the best cash offer he can get in order to pay what will be his considerable attorney fees (unless his assets are frozen as a result of being indicted, any criminal defense attorney's out there with a comment?)

DrJ

Booting up
Skier
The PUC administrative law judge has ordered " that an Order from the Circuit Court of Tucker County be sought as soon as possible placing Timberline Four Seasons Utilities, Inc., into receivership with the receiver being Canaan Valley Public Service District. ". The language in the proposed order allows the parties to file exception briefs for 15 days starting January 31st, and the order was to become final 5 days after that, presumably February 20th. PSC staff filed some technical corrections; hopefully that does not delay the finalization of the order.

It appears that after Feburary 20th, the PSC will petition the Circuit Court, and it's anyone's guess how long that process will take.

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Great viddys, guys. Wish I had you to guide me back when I got lost in the boneyard. Great skiing followed by a 15 minute walk back to the ski area. So sad to be talking about this in the past tense.
Where is the Boneyard?

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
It's unethical to disclose powder stashes on a public forum.
I loved JohnL's videos and said this: .. I guess given the current state of Tline we're all a little less cagey about the good spots. Although it never really mattered, I never saw anyone in the trees that didn't look like they belonged, well except me when I was first blindly searching for entrances.

I hate that it is starting to feel like history and not something to look forward to after the next big dump

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Boneyard is the far bumpy area skiers right of chair 6.

Oh. My bad. Wrong place

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I loved JohnL's videos and said this: .. I guess given the current state of Tline we're all a little less cagey about the good spots. Although it never really mattered, I never saw anyone in the trees that didn't look like they belonged, well except me when I was first blindly searching for entrances.

I hate that it is starting to feel like history and not something to look forward to after the next big dump

Yeah, one reason I didn’t post Matt’s videos of some of our powder adventures. Trust me though, the best lines weren’t shown. :cool: On a powder day, straight down the belly of the beast is where you head first.

I have seen a lot of people in Cherry Bowl and Old Dominion who didn’t belong there. Esp when clueless Fred started marketing them.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
The PUC administrative law judge has ordered " that an Order from the Circuit Court of Tucker County be sought as soon as possible placing Timberline Four Seasons Utilities, Inc., into receivership with the receiver being Canaan Valley Public Service District. ". The language in the proposed order allows the parties to file exception briefs for 15 days starting January 31st, and the order was to become final 5 days after that, presumably February 20th. PSC staff filed some technical corrections; hopefully that does not delay the finalization of the order.

It appears that after Feburary 20th, the PSC will petition the Circuit Court, and it's anyone's guess how long that process will take.

Thanks @DrJ for the update. The wheels of justice in WV seem to turn slower than the Thunderdraft bullwheel, even with good ball bearings. I hope this is not indicative of how long this mess will take to sort itself out but am afraid it is. I think the two year prediction of @JohnL is close to the truth, maybe even optimistic. Ugh

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Boneyard is the far bumpy area skiers right of chair 6.

Oh. My bad. Wrong place

On the one of my few hikes I made this summer without my bear spray, I had an interesting encounter with a black bear in the boneyard. I had to slowly back out, while faceing down the bear on its hind legs. Luckily nothing happened. I waited 45 minutes and resumed the hike. Lesson learned: always carry bear spray when hiking around Timberline. Keep a close eye on small children and pets.

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
So what did you guys do to their Facebook page to make them post that it is only for happy people looking for a good time?

Swimski

Rough Edges
Skier
The Parson Advocate has provided a summary of T4SU issues :

https://www.parsonsadvocate.com/24-...hs-against-timberline-four-seasons-utilities/

"papers (were) served last week for Writ of Possession against Timberline Four Seasons Resort Management Company Inc., Timberline Four Seasons Resort, Long Run Realty Inc., Timberline Four Seasons Realty, Frederick Stephan Herz, Rose Marie Herz, Frederick Reichle, and FHFR LLC."

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
On the one of my few hikes I made this summer without my bear spray, I had an interesting encounter with a black bear in the boneyard. I had to slowly back out, while faceing down the bear on its hind legs. Luckily nothing happened. I waited 45 minutes and resumed the hike. Lesson learned: always carry bear spray when hiking around Timberline. Keep a close eye on small children and pets.

glad you survived. you know i have thought about it, but never seen one up there. I haven't any spray since camping in glacier.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
So what did you guys do to their Facebook page to make them post that it is only for happy people looking for a good time?

"looking for a good time" usually means something else !!

Sponsor