• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
there has got to be a movie script in this future.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When you get the back story of the folks who own TL, it’s probably amazing the resort was able to hang on and function as long as it did. I hope I’m wrong but expectations of a bright future there look to be unrealistic barring some really unexpected intervention on the part of the state or private investor. I know someone earlier mentioned Vail in jest, but it’s going to take some deep pockets to pull TL back into shape.

James

Out There
Instructor
there has got to be a movie script in this future.
Just needs another sordid element and you're there. With the pill thing, if there's also a murder you've got L&O Criminal Intent show.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
That pill thing is a HUGE deal. I work in the medical field and had a front row seat to the DEA / FBI investigating a doc forging prescriptions and self medicating. He got his ass handed to him and "he" was the victim. Doc Fred s/b glad he's 83. If he's truly guilty, by the time this goes thru the court system he should not have many years left on this dirt to be Bubbas cellmate.

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
TL is closed today and tomorrow. The question is, will they reopen on Thursday or has the $hit hit the fan?
Their website says they reopened today. With top to bottom skiing on Sally. I was wrong again. I looked at the web cam a few times today. I saw no one skiing. Maybe they aren’t open?

Also I read that Fred and Tracy have been evicted from their home. This is purely a rumor. Maybe they can stay on the new mattresses in the bunk house?

TS
Dr. Bighair

Dr. Bighair

Dr. Style
Skier
https://www.wboy.com/news/crime/for...QrhfZfoCTnjOI8vxstbDSGdfXzrCTHUyfq8YiwAW1rXrw

The Timberlies people think asset seizure by the US Attorney’s office is the next step. Any thoughts. Would the RICO statute apply in this case. Doc owns 50% of the mountian, Rose 45%, and Fred, 5%.

I am curious, and there has been much local discussion in the community in the last few days, about the breakdown of ownership. I have seen the 50%, 5%, 5% referred to in the PSC docs. However, I have heard that this breakdown is for the utility company. I have heard for the ski resort the breakdown is Dr. Reichle 90%, Rose 5%, Fred 5%. I can't imagine how much of a difference this makes in the end though. I wouldn't think its going to be hard to show that the illegal drug money was used to fund or be laundered through timberline. IF that is the case then I would think that the other owners would be responsible for allowing these illegal drug moneys be used and/or filtered through the business....but would be curious about the laws on this.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
I am curious, and there has been much local discussion in the community in the last few days, about the breakdown of ownership. I have seen the 50%, 5%, 5% referred to in the PSC docs. However, I have heard that this breakdown is for the utility company. I have heard for the ski resort the breakdown is Dr. Reichle 90%, Rose 5%, Fred 5%. I can't imagine how much of a difference this makes in the end though. I wouldn't think its going to be hard to show that the illegal drug money was used to fund or be laundered through timberline. IF that is the case then I would think that the other owners would be responsible for allowing these illegal drug moneys be used and/or filtered through the business....but would be curious about the laws on this.

I too saw the 90-5-5 ownership breakdown. Not sure which breakdown is the true breakdown. However, it has always been known that Doc is the majority stakeholder. Do authorities need to demonstrate a direct link between a business and a drug operation to seize assets or can they simply seize assets because they are owned by a known drug dealer? Can’t believe the situation has come to this. Sad.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
I too saw the 90-5-5 ownership breakdown. Not sure which breakdown is the true breakdown. However, it has always been known that Doc is the majority stakeholder. Do authorities need to demonstrate a direct link between a business and a drug operation to seize assets or can they simply seize assets because they are owned by a known drug dealer? Can’t believe the situation has come to this. Sad.

Believe they have to demonstrate some connection (which would be tougher in absence of something like a drug sale on property), but burden then flips to owner to show it wasn't used for criminal purposes. Civil asset forfeiture is somewhat controversial because of this - you hear about a lot of cases where police simply take cars/property from people, never charge a crime, but basically dare the former owner to try to demonstrate that there's no connection to criminal activity.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well would seizure be good or bad? Probably would tie things up for 1-2 yrs.
Is anyone intetested in buying the place?

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well would seizure be good or bad? Probably would tie things up for 1-2 yrs.
Is anyone intetested in buying the place?

Would be better for a sale to be forced as a result of bankruptcy or tax delinquency than through an inevitably contested asset seizure, which would take time to resolve in court, only after which could an auction/sale occur. Civil asset forfeiture puts a cloud over the title, which there currently isn't. A sale is much easier without a cloud over the title.

Sponsor