• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

32Porkchop

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ha, another tslimer chimes in. We are getting close to quorum numbers here. But, no fake numbers. I think my numbers are round...but good, and they would work.
Certainly agree with your initial estimates of $ needed for infrastructure. Also agree with another poster that my LM comparison for initial $ is probably low ball due to limited terrain being covered by snowmaking and a small lodge. I don't see T-Line bouncing back to 100K skier visits for awhile. First off, the "brand" is tarnished plus some of those older numbers were "padded" due to low margin/no margin groups. Add in, the whole industry seeing lower volumes. Certainly makes it more complicated.

mmcshane

Pugski Lurker
Skier
While sloppily written, the sloppiness almost makes it more persuasive as a "This is so ridiculous it's not even worth proper formatting and careful drafting" legal argument.
Formatting problems all mine! (I had to copy the text and paste it onto microsoft word doc cause I couldn't get it to download). But yes, even properly formatted, I think it's still clear how ridiculous they think the request is, and really, this whole case is.

Today's court hearing- US Trustee withdrew objection to having George Miller be appointed as "chief restructuring officer", and case for appt of Chapter 11 trustee continued to 11/20 (the day after auction and same day as the court approval of sale (if there is any).) So I guess fingers crossed there are bidders now working with George Miller and a sale will actually happen on the 19th. It seems like there can't possibly be anything else that happens until then, but the Herzs keep proving me wrong.

Last edited:

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Today's court hearing- US Trustee withdrew objection to having George Miller be appointed as "chief restructuring officer", and case for appt of Chapter 11 trustee continued to 11/20 (the day after auction and same day as the court approval of sale (if there is any).) So I guess fingers crossed there are bidders now working with George Miller and a sale will actually happen on the 19th. It seems like there can't possibly be anything else that happens until then, but the Herzs keep proving me wrong.

Throughout this long and tortuous process, it is clear that the strategy of the debtors has been to delay and draw out the legal process as long as possible. To what end, it is hard to say. Perhaps they think they can find a private investor who will sweep in, pay off debts, and allow them to continue running the enterprise. The have had some success with this strategy in the past given the long list of creditors who have lent them funds. At this point, however, with so much information available to the public, I don’t see this continuing and I do believe a sale will occur on or before the 19th. Let’s hope.

Last edited:

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Throughout this long and tortuous process, it is clear that the strategy of the debtors has been to delay and draw out the legal process as long as possible. To what end, it is hard to say. Perhaps they think they can find a private investor who will sweep in, pay off debts, and allow them to continue running the enterprise. The have had some success with this strategy in the past given the long list of creditors who have lent them funds. At this point, however, with so much information available to the public, I don’t see this continuing and I do believe a sale will occur on or before the 19th. Let’s hope.
Fingers crossed!!!!!

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
^^^ which is very interesting because their opening date is Dec 14, and as far as I know even when they could have opened earlier than planned in past years they never do.

some lovely natural falling as well

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
I feel like I remember skiing the bunny slope triangle at Canaan Over thanksgiving weekend one year. This was 20 something years ago. We went on a high school club trip, and stayed at the lodge. I may be wrong about the timing.

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI, I'm sure the T-Line saga will be a topic of discussion:
Wash DC/NoVA Preseason Get Together - 16 NOV 2019

1. We are going to meet at Glory Days Grill on Nov 16 at 6pm-ish to share ski stoke and discuss winter plans/fun. Come to socialize for a meal or just for a drink. Address: 6341 Columbia Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041. It's in the Barcroft Plaza shopping center off Columbia Pike. If you let us know in advance that you're coming, we'll know to look for you. Wearing Washington Nationals attire or anything blatantly about skiing will help with identification. Bonus points if you wear items associated with both Nats and skiing:)
  2. I might have to buy you a beer if you show up wearing something with a Timberline, WV logo on it!

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
YA'LL can have a bud lite for me. Would like to be there - sounds like a good kick off to the season. Still looking for skiers in KY.

scottyb

Getting off the lift
Skier
We were on the mountain October 26 and they had all the mobile guns deployed and ready to blow.

Well that is a positive thing. Most resorts get test runs on equipment as cold weather permits.

It was many moons ago but CVR has in fact been open on TG weekend before although a rare event.

Many folks are more interested in the first week of rifle deer season so getting warm bodies was always difficult. A small hard core group of lifties and groomers made it possible but they have all moved on.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
YA'LL can have a bud lite for me. Would like to be there - sounds like a good kick off to the season. Still looking for skiers in KY.
I don't know any skiers that live that far south but there are quite a few of us out at Perfect North in Indiana on a regular basis. (I'm temporarily misplaced to Ohio :) )

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
I don't know any skiers that live that far south but there are quite a few of us out at Perfect North in Indiana on a regular basis. (I'm temporarily misplaced to Ohio :) )
I live in Cincinnati too. I only get to perfect north once or twice a year now. I’m very thankful for it. I have kids that are too young to ski and I’m not a huge fan of abandoning them so I can have fun. Being able to sneak out a few times a year without disrupting family life is amazing. Sure it’s 400 feet of very is pretty lame, but it’s better than nothing.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I live in Cincinnati too. I only get to perfect north once or twice a year now. I’m very thankful for it. I have kids that are too young to ski and I’m not a huge fan of abandoning them so I can have fun. Being able to sneak out a few times a year without disrupting family life is amazing. Sure it’s 400 feet of very is pretty lame, but it’s better than nothing.
I learned to ski there and this will be my 30th season skiing there. I view it the same way as I do scuba in a quarry, its better than not going at all. It will be interesting to see how Vail's acquisition of the other nearby ski areas will affect things at PNS going forward.

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
I learned to ski there and this will be my 30th season skiing there. I view it the same way as I do scuba in a quarry, its better than not going at all. It will be interesting to see how Vail's acquisition of the other nearby ski areas will affect things at PNS going forward.
Mad River isn’t blowing snow yet. That was my home for 15 years. Before the Peak Resorts acquisition they always strived to open first and stay open last. I think Snow Trails may be able to open this weekend if they can get staffed up. Crazy times for Ohio Skiing.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Hi Cameron,
Yes, I have skied Perfect North and Paoli Peaks a few times. The grand kids think it is great although the oldest one (now 10) has tasted Colorado and Utah. If they get out this year, it will be PN or PP. Either one is a good starting place for kids.

RichieRich

Booting up
Skier
This Thread seems to have made a sharp left at Timberline and has gone in a whole new direction?!?!?

Sponsor

Staff online