• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
The Parson Advocate has provided a summary of T4SU issues :

https://www.parsonsadvocate.com/24-...hs-against-timberline-four-seasons-utilities/

"papers (were) served last week for Writ of Possession against Timberline Four Seasons Resort Management Company Inc., Timberline Four Seasons Resort, Long Run Realty Inc., Timberline Four Seasons Realty, Frederick Stephan Herz, Rose Marie Herz, Frederick Reichle, and FHFR LLC."

Any new information on the writ of possession?

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Despicable. CVR has bailed out the Slime several times this season. J-1 situation, honoring Passes when the lifts broke.I hope the Reichle’s and Herz’s rot in Hell. Behind bars.

This is more than lamenting about how good things were in the past. This is about basic ethics and decency. Respect the people who helped you out.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And 49 for one green trail from the top and one-two from midstation is a rip-off. All with marginal cover.

Hiding behind the flag. Pathetic.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Despicable. CVR has bailed out the Slime several times this season. J-1 situation, honoring Passes when the lifts broke.I hope the Reichle’s and Herz’s rot in Hell. Behind bars.

This is more than lamenting about how good things were in the past. This is about basic ethics and decency. Respect the people who helped you out.

Does a "Canaan Valley State Park Pass" have anything to do with a Canaan Valley Resort Season Pass?

I.e. Is there a general park pass for the valley and state parks? If so, that's not really a slap at CVR. They could do the same - offer a discount for those that have a Park pass.

Everything else about that ad is disturbing... but I was curious about the pass situation.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does a "Canaan Valley State Park Pass" have anything to do with a Canaan Valley Resort Season Pass?

I.e. Is there a general park pass for the valley and state parks? If so, that's not really a slap at CVR. They could do the same - offer a discount for those that have a Park pass.

Everything else about that ad is disturbing... but I was curious about the pass situation.

Fair question - and there has been some debate about that. Exactly what did they mean? We are only aware of ski season passes and day lift tickets. They are deliberately vague. Why mention summer state park customers on the busiest weekend of the winter when you are not busy (per webcam)?

The ex-GM at T-Line posted critical comments on the linked thread.

There has been a history of animosity from T-Line towards CVR and other businesses (food places, bars) At this point, they get no benefit of the doubt from me.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I.e. Is there a general park pass for the valley and state parks? If so, that's not really a slap at CVR. They could do the same - offer a discount for those that have a Park pass..

Yes. There is a season pass available for parks like Blackwater Falls. There is also a VW season golf pass.

I imagine, T-line being T-line, that either would qualify for the discounted ticket.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
They are deliberately vague. Why mention summer state park customers on the busiest weekend of the winter when you are not busy (per webcam)?

Why not? cheap advertising and maybe it reaches audiences who aren't plugged into detailed info on T-line's winter operations ah, vagaries.

As a past CVRSki Season Pass holder up to this past year, there was no linkage to the rest of the park. Golf, Lodge, park, etc.

Sure - I get that and you get that, but a random DC radio listener doesn't, nor care.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why not? cheap advertising and maybe it reaches audiences who aren't plugged into detailed info on T-line's winter operations ah, vagaries.

Sure - I get that and you get that, but a random DC radio listener doesn't, nor care.

They are looking for the next PT Barnum “customer”

Funny thing is, I just posted my thoughts in wrong browser window. Thought I was on aT-Lies site, was on slimes FB page. I’ll get banned soon.

I’ve been pretty balanced about them - for me, this is the straw that has broken the camel’s back.

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
I honestly thought they were targeting people that were upset about the amount of people skiing at CV today. Because they are packed! And I love it. I hope CV remembered this and continues to improve snowmaking.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Disagree entirely. This is a deliberate poach of business. From an entity that has bailed you out when they didn’t have to in the past two months,

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There seems to be a lot of lurkers in this thread, if you haven't signed on to Pugski and become member, now is your chance. We'd love to see your contributions and not just on Timberline.

I’m taking a timeout from this thread. I’ll regain my cool skiing with a bunch of Pugskiers at Jackson and Big Sky in a week.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yes. There is a season pass available for parks like Blackwater Falls. There is also a VW season golf pass.

I imagine, T-line being T-line, that either would qualify for the discounted ticket.

Didn't that replace the VW Rabbit pass??

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
There seems to be a lot of lurkers in this thread, if you haven't signed on to Pugski and become member, now is your chance. We'd love to see your contributions and not just on Timberline.
Not a lurker except maybe in this thread LOL. I used to ski T-line & CVR a lot years ago. Now moved to near Tahoe !
Warned some of my old DC skiing friends to look here and in T-lies first as they were about to rent a house at the slime.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m taking a timeout from this thread. I’ll regain my cool skiing with a bunch of Pugskiers at Jackson and Big Sky in a week.

Now are you regaining your Cool?

or your Cool Skiing? these things are not necessarily the same, although they could coincide

(i'm flying standby to CO this Monday I expect to be the coolest person stuffed in the back of the plane)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That's going to go right over people's heads. Blow by them even. Like that scirocco wind.

That comment kind of bugs me... sounds so snooty, like a polo player or something... it makes me want to take a pass at reading any more of this thread... or just leave and take a jet ta europe to ski and leave you all behind.... or get outside and take a lup o' the block to clear my head...

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier

A trail of tears: Some new pictures posted today of the caramel macchiato snow at Timberline. My biggest concern going forward is how long its going to take to sort out this mess, given all the legal and tax issues swirling around the resort like a snow devil in an open bowl.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now are you regaining your Cool?

or your Cool Skiing? these things are not necessarily the same, although they could coincide

(i'm flying standby to CO this Monday I expect to be the coolest person stuffed in the back of the plane)

I’m currently so pissed off at the idiots running the Slime I’ll get myself banned from this site.

So, self-enforced timeout before Phil does it for me.

Summerguy

Booting up
Skier
I’m confused by the pictures posted of yesterday’s conditions. The camera angle today points towards the lift and the snow looks OK from the camera’s vantage point. Did they make snow?

It is important to the credibility of this thread and the timber-lies site to be accurate in order to counteract the obvious glossing over of the state of the operations at Timberline by the Timberline management. No exaggeration is needed. No doubt the pictures are of Timberline, but maybe not yesterday.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid