Mid-Atlantic Timberline, WV resort's future?

Discussion in 'General Resort Discussion' started by Dr. Bighair, Nov 9, 2018.

1. wvrocks

wvrocks Booting up Skier

2. pipestem

pipestem Putting on skis Skier

It was good.
    tline_old_BW.jpg

scottyb likes this.
  3. wgo

wgo Putting on skis Skier

Thanks for posting a version of the trail map with the trees along Silver Streak. That was a fun run.

jimmy likes this.
  4. Johnfmh

Johnfmh Johnfmh Skier

As a slopeside homeowner paying utility bills monthly without fail, this really irks me. How much money has to go missing before the public utilities commission places Timberline Utilities in receivership. It’s insane how long this process is taking.

5. RodneyBD

RodneyBD Hatfield made rain for L.A. Skier

I've been following the saga on the Timber-lies facebook page, truly a sad situation. The Reichle charges are a real world tragedy that makes our complaints about a broken down and ailing ski resort in WV seem trivial... having said that, I'll make a prediction: TL will be sold in the next 180 days. Dr. Reichle is facing the very real prospect of dying in prison. He will take the best cash offer he can get in order to pay what will be his considerable attorney fees (unless his assets are frozen as a result of being indicted, any criminal defense attorney's out there with a comment?)

6. scottyb

scottyb Getting on the lift Skier

Didn't they already put it into receivership?

Or they have yet to act on the recommendation?

7. DrJ

DrJ Booting up Skier

The PUC administrative law judge has ordered " that an Order from the Circuit Court of Tucker County be sought as soon as possible placing Timberline Four Seasons Utilities, Inc., into receivership with the receiver being Canaan Valley Public Service District. ". The language in the proposed order allows the parties to file exception briefs for 15 days starting January 31st, and the order was to become final 5 days after that, presumably February 20th. PSC staff filed some technical corrections; hopefully that does not delay the finalization of the order.

It appears that after Feburary 20th, the PSC will petition the Circuit Court, and it's anyone's guess how long that process will take.

Johnfmh likes this.
  8. The Colonel

The Colonel Booting up Skier

Where is the Boneyard?

9. D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper Booting up Skier

It's unethical to disclose powder stashes on a public forum.

Swimski likes this.
  10. Kemperski

Kemperski Putting on skis Skier

I loved JohnL's videos and said this: .. I guess given the current state of Tline we're all a little less cagey about the good spots. Although it never really mattered, I never saw anyone in the trees that didn't look like they belonged, well except me when I was first blindly searching for entrances.

I hate that it is starting to feel like history and not something to look forward to after the next big dump

Swimski, JohnL and wgo like this.
  11. pipestem

Boneyard is the far bumpy area skiers right of chair 6.

Oh. My bad. Wrong place

12. JohnL

JohnL Skied Past The Most Interesting Man in the World. Team Gathermeister

Yeah, one reason I didn’t post Matt’s videos of some of our powder adventures. Trust me though, the best lines weren’t shown. :cool: On a powder day, straight down the belly of the beast is where you head first.

I have seen a lot of people in Cherry Bowl and Old Dominion who didn’t belong there. Esp when clueless Fred started marketing them.

13. Johnfmh

Johnfmh Johnfmh Skier

Thanks @DrJ for the update. The wheels of justice in WV seem to turn slower than the Thunderdraft bullwheel, even with good ball bearings. I hope this is not indicative of how long this mess will take to sort itself out but am afraid it is. I think the two year prediction of @JohnL is close to the truth, maybe even optimistic. Ugh

14. Johnfmh

Johnfmh Johnfmh Skier

On the one of my few hikes I made this summer without my bear spray, I had an interesting encounter with a black bear in the boneyard. I had to slowly back out, while faceing down the bear on its hind legs. Luckily nothing happened. I waited 45 minutes and resumed the hike. Lesson learned: always carry bear spray when hiking around Timberline. Keep a close eye on small children and pets.

Philpug likes this.
  15. AndyGene

AndyGene Booting up Skier

So what did you guys do to their Facebook page to make them post that it is only for happy people looking for a good time?

16. JohnL

JohnL Skied Past The Most Interesting Man in the World. Team Gathermeister

All are welcome to post on their FB page. Some posts stay up longer than others.

17. D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper Booting up Skier

Attached Files:

Dr. Bighair and scottyb like this.
  18. Swimski

Swimski Booting up Skier

The Parson Advocate has provided a summary of T4SU issues :

https://www.parsonsadvocate.com/24-...hs-against-timberline-four-seasons-utilities/

"papers (were) served last week for Writ of Possession against Timberline Four Seasons Resort Management Company Inc., Timberline Four Seasons Resort, Long Run Realty Inc., Timberline Four Seasons Realty, Frederick Stephan Herz, Rose Marie Herz, Frederick Reichle, and FHFR LLC."

19. pipestem

glad you survived. you know i have thought about it, but never seen one up there. I haven't any spray since camping in glacier.

20. pipestem

"looking for a good time" usually means something else !!