• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Tracy Herz sent out this notice on the 9th, informing homeowners that the BWN is still in effect and that Timberline Utilities still has not found a class II utility operator, which is required by law.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This coordinated conspiracy must have been caused by fluoride in the drinking water... No that can’t be it, no one is allowed to drink the water. It must be caused by, I dunno, it’s caused by ANYONE BUT US TWO.

wvrocks

Putting on skis
Skier
This coordinated conspiracy must have been caused by fluoride in the drinking water... No that can’t be it, no one is allowed to drink the water. It must be caused by, I dunno, it’s caused by ANYONE BUT US TWO.

They blame some of it on "previous mismanagement", so I guess it was the first owner 20? some years ago that screwed things up. Couldn't have been the Herz/Riechle clan.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
.... You know who is grinning from ear to ear? Bob Nutting and Alterra. If it is a good winter 7 Springs and Snowshoe will probably each approach 600K skier visits.

Seven Springs:

webvid17.jpg

webvid2.jpg

Snowshoe:

snowshoe3_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two orders of business.

1. Hi. My first post here. I'm old and don't ski enough. I live in in da Bull City, dirty D town, NC. On other forums I might be known as pagamony, but here I am pipestem.

2. WTF is up with Timberline W by God Va ? Best damn terrain and natural snow, worst damn situation. Discussion has overwhelmed another site so we thought we might try it here.

Have at it friends.
Not singling you out as an individual, but making a comment to the group that is joining Pugski using points you made in your post.
Welcome to all of you. We know this is an important discussion for the industry, especially in the community in WV.

We encourage good information about topics like this, but lets all make sure that it doesn't overwhelm here, as you noted that it did on another site (Can I assume it was DC Ski?).

The rules of our site can be read here
And another Welcome thread with rules here from the flux of new memberships while EpicSki was closing down.

From a personal standpoint, I sincerely hope that Timberline finds its way.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
and look at this https://www.pugski.com/threads/mid-atlantic-gathering-in-western-pa-feb-1-4-2019.12085/ no need to go back to dcski for much of anything.

Thanks for the welcome Tricia. I hope that the folks who followed the Timberline discussion over here take the time to look around, see what Pugski is all about and participate and enjoy the content. I think it is remarkable that a community like Pugski would host a discussion on a ski area in West Virginia that a mid-Atlantic based forum didn't want.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
and look at this https://www.pugski.com/threads/mid-atlantic-gathering-in-western-pa-feb-1-4-2019.12085/ no need to go back to dcski for much of anything.

Thanks for the welcome Tricia. I hope that the folks who followed the Timberline discussion over here take the time to look around, see what Pugski is all about and participate and enjoy the content. I think it is remarkable that a community like Pugski would host a discussion on a ski area in West Virginia that a mid-Atlantic based forum didn't want.
I'm sure we'll have an interesting discussion about this over some scotch at BigSky :rocks:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the tolerance. I actually spent a lot of time reading threads and your terms before starting it. And then some one else sniped me. Really it was Scott's idea :)
I think we're crusty but friendly. If you think it goes to far feel free to yank it, no hurts.
I lurked here since epic went down but was really trying to limit my natural ski obsessions. I guess I gave in.
And yes we all just want to be back in the cherry bowl with our freedom flags flying.
thanks again.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
So how much of the TL mafia is here now? Not that my twice yearly trips every really qualified me as a full member, maybe more like an associate.

D.B.Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
Fred was not present at the Canaan Valley Roundtable Meeting last week. Great business acumen.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
So how much of the TL mafia is here now? Not that my twice yearly trips every really qualified me as a full member, maybe more like an associate.
Not at all Bill, you are a full member of the "Timberline Cabal".

Fred was not present at the Canaan Valley Roundtable Meeting last week. Great business acumen.
I think he is so tired of being the smartest person in the room. Lot's of responsibility goes with that. Someone suggested they use oxen to turn the bull wheels.

TS
Dr. Bighair

Dr. Bighair

Dr. Style
Skier
I drove through the timberline parking lot today around 11 am. Not a single vehicle in the parking lot at the lodge or maintenance building. A couple dozen chairs were still sitting on the ground next to the ski lift. No signs of a single person working there. I don't know about power, but there were no lights on anywhere. A season pass holder asked them on their facebook page about opening and whoever is running their facebook page said the resort would open Nov. 30 or sooner.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I drove through the timberline parking lot today around 11 am. Not a single vehicle in the parking lot at the lodge or maintenance building. A couple dozen chairs were still sitting on the ground next to the ski lift. No signs of a single person working there. I don't know about power, but there were no lights on anywhere. A season pass holder asked them on their facebook page about opening and whoever is running their facebook page said the resort would open Nov. 30 or sooner.
I don't know what kind of an emoji to use for a post like this....
:( or :popcorn:

Sponsor

Staff online