• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tile, just saw this product - no more lost phones or keys?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
https://www.thetileapp.com/

I thought I would post this up as a possible great new product for the holiday gift-giving.

Looks like a very cool item for keys phones or other items. I could see attaching this to my car keys for hiking and it doubles as a phone finder even if your phone is set to silent. Not sure how it would attach to bikes and other stuff but check out the video on how other Tile users phones can be used to track your lost items.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good present for my kid. Might end up saving me a lot of money

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This was on a Kick Starter a few years back. Pretty nice idea. The one thing I agree, thought cool is due to shorter range, enlisting others, the sharing feature and background looking you can do for others.

I figure it's a bit an offshoot of the idea or RFID tags on inventory control which have a shorter range but some 10yrs back (or so) were hoped to be used for tracking inventory.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ordered Trackr yesterday. After looking at reviews for both the Trackr stood out because it goes in reverse and will ring my phone from a button on the Trackr device. Yesterday they did a buy 6 get 4 free so I did that.

I think if you use this link to order you get a free one. https://www.thetrackr.com/?ref_code=AMYTX

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, just saw that Tile has added the ring your phone feature but the Trackr was still a better deal since I got 10 for $119.

Reactions: Ron

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got my Trackrs yesterday and have put them on 2 sets of keys with plans to have some in luggage for my travels and some for gifts. They are really easy to pair with the phone and the app is easy to use.

Reactions: Ron

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
I got my Trackrs yesterday and have put them on 2 sets of keys with plans to have some in luggage for my travels and some for gifts. They are really easy to pair with the phone and the app is easy to use.

Thanks guys, bot of those look good. If I buy the 10 trackers, can I give 2 to this kid and 2 to that kid for Christmas, or will they all need to be oriented to my phone?

Last edited:

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Belay that question, found it on the FAQ part of the site:

"If I buy multiple TrackRs, can I share them with friends and family?
- TrackR devices can be shared with family and friends, as long as those you are sharing with have a compatible phone and have downloaded the free TrackR app.

Although users cannot connect two phones to one TrackR devices simultaneously, multiple TrackR devices may be connected to one phone at a time.

If you are purchasing a TrackR multi-pack and would like to give away some of the devices to a friend or family member, please feel free!

Jane - March 25, 2015 14:52"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester