• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Thumbnail Review: 2016 Line Supernatural 100

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When you look at the Line Supernatural 100, nothing really stands out visually; it looks like most any other ski. But when you get it on the snow -- especially firm snow -- you realize there is something special about the construction. That difference is the technology Line uses in the SN100 sidewalls called Shockwall. It is the Shockwall that gives the SN100 an incredible connection to the snow and allows one of the most solid feels in this class. Line has been growing steadily, and the Supernatural shows that it should be taken seriously. Line has long since established itself as a mainstream brand, not abandoning its roots but expanding them instead.

16 Line SN100.jpg

WHO IS IT FOR? That guy, you know, the one who all he cares about is skiing. Maybe he lives in a van down by the river, but he rips and doesn’t give crap what you think.

WHO IS IT NOT FOR?
Weekend wimps; the SN100 expects to be skied and skied hard.

INSIDER TIP
: Be careful when tuning; the sidewall can get in your files and stones.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
When you look at the Supernatural 100, nothing really stands out visually; it looks like most any other ski.

Funny. The first thing I thought was "Ooh, I love those graphics!"

Sounds like it's for a harder charger than me, in any case. But it's pretty.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Funny. The first thing I thought was "Ooh, I love those graphics!"

Sounds like it's for a harder charger than me, in any case. But it's pretty.

I think it's TAM's favorite ski..hopefully she will check in here to add to my thumbnail.

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
That is a complete 180 on the graphics from last year, wow. They're pretty but something about those simple red ones said, "Love my inner minimalist".

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is a complete 180 on the graphics from last year, wow. They're pretty but something about those simple red ones said, "Love my inner minimalist".
I agree, last years graphic were really good. My insider tip was almost, find a pair of last years ski...

babanff

Out on the slopes
Industry Insider
Yep @Philpug, SN100 was my everyday ski last year and they will again be playing for my team this year. (Disclaimer: I have a family connection to the brand, so take my feedback with as many grains of salt as you wish). Great damp smooth feel. I had the most fun on these in crudded up challenging conditions and terrain. I think they felt slightly stiffer than their predecessor P98, but that could just be the combination of straighter sidecut and increased dampness... however they were still easy to break loose and shut down in tight places. This is one of those skis that get more fun the harder and faster you ski them... they're still fine making casual Sunday hangover turns, just not quite as fun.

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
I wonder if this might be my next ski after my Bonafides. At 150lbs, the 180cm bones are a little un-nimble for me.

Qpud

Booting up
Skier
Good quiver of one. Like how they handle the crud and chop and pow. Handle speed and vibration just fine. Glued to snow feeling. Some tip dive in blower powder on back (tele) ski, but less so as I've adjusted pivot point and tension of the Axl's. Definitely can push these ski's. Haven't noticed problems when being lazy, kicking back. They don't bite back.

Tendency for the tails to spin around when completing a strong turn on hardpack. To be fair, this is the first ski with any rocker that this old dog has skied ... and needs to learn some new tricks. Perhaps this is what is called "playful"?

Have the SN 100's in 172 mounted tele with 22-Design Axl's. Wondering if I should have gone with the 179's. (I'm 5'7, 135lb).

Sponsor

Staff online