• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Thumbnail Review: 2016 Blizzard Cheyenne

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When a close friend introduces her baby sister to you, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Oh how cute … I hope she’s not a brat. When Blizzard introduced the Cheyenne, I really didn’t know what to make of it, but I quickly put it in the category of “the Black Pearl’s baby sister”. After spending some time testing other serious skis in the sub-80mm category, and having been on the Blizzard Viva X7 Ti (which I will review later), it was time to take out the Cheyenne. The conditions had become varied because it was the last run of the day, with scraped-off areas and push piles of crud everywhere. The Cheyenne did it all. It set an edge on the scraped areas, plowed through the piles, made me giggle in the moguls, and inspired me to rush back to the lift for one more run.

8A513600-2.jpg

The Cheyenne may be the baby sister to the Black Pearl, but she’s got what it takes to stand on her own and inspire you to stay out on the slopes until last chair.

WHO IS IT FOR? Women seeking a front-side carver with a playful tenacity.

WHO IS IT NOT FOR? Someone looking for a one-ski quiver.

INSIDER TIP: Go a size longer than you'd normally use for a front-side ski.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My itty bitty friend (she's 5'0 95 lbs.) comes and visits me at least once a year from SoCal. I'm considering recommending these for her as the Black Pearls were more ski than she wanted, especially after skiing the K2 Potion 76 and loving them. Seems like these would work better for her if we DID get into some shallow powder? What say you? I think she could float in powder on a feather. She's athletic and skis at a high-intermediate level. And wants to hunt something down from last season because paying full price for skis that will sit at my house makes no sense.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This ski for is like a Black Pearl for you.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That's kind of what I thought. Makes me think a low to mid-80's ski might be better overall. Ideas?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's kind of what I thought. Makes me think a low to mid-80's ski might be better overall. Ideas?
It wasn't too long ago that the Cheyenne WOULD be a powder ski.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil is right. The nice thing about the Cheyenne is that it gives you a nice front side ski that is nimble enough to play in the soft snow.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll keep an eye out for some for her. It seems they're a little better shape for the softer snow than the Potion 76. With a slightly bigger range of skill levels.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid