• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Three people you want to ride a lift with...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dead or alive. Skiers or non skiers. From Pugski or elsewhere.

Who would you want to ride a lift with? What would you ask them? Why did you choose them?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Tricia, Seg, and Wendy Fischer! A quad to the top of somewhere cool. They can pick. :)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
What would I ask? Insider tips on beer pong, general ski smack, and we'd just all ask Wendy to tell us cool ski stories and inspire us to absolutley rip. of course Phil would be waiting with food, beer, and fresh warm towels at the end of the day and provide us with a refresher of witty conversation and reparte! :cool:

Day two I'd ski with Phil, D. Rahlves, and maybe Drew Tabke.

Day three, Steve & Phil*, Alberto, and Ingemar.

* (they count as one)

Day four, a private session with JC Killy skiing the 'Snow Job' location.

Day five, a reunion with my '79 HS ski team. Some things would be too fun to limit to 3.

Day six, Pope John Paul, Alf Engen, and Sondre Norheim.

Day Seven, my Dad. I didn't ski with him enough. A long run and lift ride for each year he took me to the ski hill. I'd give him my ski skills for the day in exchange to ask and fully inderstand his best moments of life. He's largely responsible for my ongoing love of the sport.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Marshawn Lynch. That guy is SUCH a trip. And funny as hell. I'd just wait to see what he said. Which might be nothing. In which case I'd have to come up with something witty.

And yes, @Tricia, one of these days we'll ski together. Lots of other folks from here, actually. Hope to get some turns with 4ster this year, too.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ghandi, Christ and Mohammed. We'd get everything sorted out then a foot of fresh. I'd really like to ski a foot of fresh with Ghandi.

If they aren't available Paul Bocuse, James Beard and Nobu Matsuhisa. I'd want to hear about their life lessons and spark a debate. I'd like to ski the trees with Matsuhisa.

Last trio would be my son, my father and Elon Musk. The greatest business, social and lifestyle actualizer of our time combined with one from the last era who tried much but failed mostly and one from the next with an open road to the future for whom I wish the most.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Funny, I had this discussion a 10 years ago and picked @Bob Barnes @Philpug and @Weems Westfeldt , people that I've actually spent a lot of time on the chair lift with since.

I feel a need to be very very careful who I put on my chairlift wish list, because there is evidence that it has life changing potential.
Photo credit: SBrown
12019883_10155947969115018_5222020863788692758_n.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marshawn Lynch. That guy is SUCH a trip. And funny as hell. I'd just wait to see what he said. Which might be nothing. In which case I'd have to come up with something witty.

And yes, @Tricia, one of these days we'll ski together. Lots of other folks from here, actually. Hope to get some turns with 4ster this year, too.
Amy, I know we'll ski together, hopefully this winter. :thumb:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Sticking to just three:

- Doug Coombs
- Mikaela Shiffrin
- Gautama Buddha

Almost got to ride up with Mikaela during her spring training last year, but missed out by a few chairs. Drinking beers with my SO and her friend by the ski-van at the end of the day and turned out we parked right next to her. Super friendly and gracious despite our fanboy/fangirl fawning.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will say, it would be fun to ride a lift with Doug Stoup, Chris Davenport and @Daron Rahlves, just to listen. No need to ask anything.

Ironically, I've ridden the lift with all three of these guys but never at the same time.
BTW, this was a fantastic ride:
@SkiNurse @SBrown Chris Davenport and Me.
10841839_10152695223853785_6332746655011898561_o.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Warren Miller, Billy Kidd, and Hannah Kearney

Sponsor

Staff online