• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thoughts on these gloves for hard-to-keep-from-freezing fingers

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are going with the Seirus Innovations heated gloves. A friend of @Mrs. 53 has them and said she loves them. As Floridians we are cold adverse :ogcool:

They are super expensive, but we found them on Amazon at 50% of the retail price at our ski shop.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I went the opposite way. I only use cheap gloves from the hardware store.
I had a serious frost bite injury to several toes a few years ago, so I need to be careful about that. I dress warmly enough to force the heat out through my hands and feet. I want my hands to always be at least as cold as my feet, just so I'm more aware. So, cheap gloves.

dm

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Another vote for mittens with liners. The Dakine Scout delivers for under $30 and solved all my cold finger issues.

Handlebars

Booting up
Skier
My hands get cold because I sweat in my gloves, and the wet hands and gloves then gets cold. My solution has been to wear disposable rubber gloves as glove liners. I usually have a few pairs in my pockets so I can change them out as needed, and a box of 100 goes for $10. They are a perfect vapor barrier keeping wind and cold out, and the warmth in. My hands get wet still, but the ski gloves stay dry and my hands stay warm. Bonus is that my gloves don’t smell and don’t have to be washed as often.

Last edited:
Reactions: BC.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There must be an $80 liner that you can buy rather than using those $.10 gloves.

Handlebars

Booting up
Skier
There must be an $80 liner that you can buy rather than using those $.10 gloves.

Sadly there are lots of expensive liners- I tried a few- and nothing works as well as the cheap gloves for stopping wind and keeping my gloves dry, even on extremely cold or warm days.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
I have cold hands and feet. What works for me is the Black Diamond Guide Glove. I like the 3 fingered version. They are the warmest gloves I've ever found and they hold up well to 100 + day seasons. I also use chemical warmers on the coldest days.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Hestia Army Gore-Tex gloves are excellent (~$190). If that is not enough then get the heated Hestia liners (~$290). We have both and I can't see how anyone would be cold - even the medium setting is pretty toasty.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My hands get cold because I sweat in my gloves, and the wet hands and gloves then gets cold. My solution has been to wear disposable rubber gloves as glove liners. I usually have a few pairs in my pockets so I can change them out as needed, and a box of 100 goes for $10. They are a perfect vapor barrier keeping wind and cold out, and the warmth in. My hands get wet still, but the ski gloves stay dry and my hands stay warm. Bonus is that my gloves don’t smell and don’t have to be washed as often.

I use the Nitrile glove method as well...Definitely helps on the “cold” days.

Haven’t read the whole thread...but has anybody mentioned FTP (Free the Powder”) gloves/mittens?

Great company out of Park City...Super warm, dexterous, great price/discounts, etc. I bought a pair of gloves a few years back....haven’t looked back...now have 3......Totally recommend.

And great customer service!!

Sponsor

Staff online