• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thoughts on the Super Bowl?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought it was a pretty good game. I really had no dog in the fight but @AKMINK is not a happy camper tonight. I'm glad for Andy Reid; he's put in his time and he coaches a good team. Mahomes is a fine QB and he should be a force for many years to come. He just doesn't get rattled and keeps his head.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah not a boring game. I thought after the Chiefs pick in the 2nd quarter that the momentum was on their side. They also recovered their own fumble. I was surprised when I checked back in and it was tied at the half. 49ers had a good third and then the flood gates opened in the 4th. QB's were pretty equal..some questions by some on Jimmy G's ability but he looked ok until he had to start forcing stuff in the 4th. I guess the running back position isn't dead..??

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Super Bowl Champion Chiefs! As someone who was born and raised in KC, Missouri, it was a great win. My parents went to their last SB in New Orleans in Super Bowl IV. I thought the game was over when Mahomes threw that last interception but man, Mahomes is awesome and the defense came through.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Followed the Chiefs as I’ve loved watching the exciting speedsters on the KC Royals play the last decade and starting watching the track stars on the Chiefs hoping they could put it all together someday too!

Was forecasting a KC victory last night but kinda glad they didn’t play up to their full potential as it would have been your typical boring Super Bowl blowout I think. Instead, it was the “just give Mahomes a couple of minutes to win it all” type of game which they have done so well lately.
Glad Andy Reid finally won a Super Bowl and that Mahomes already achieved his first of many SB wins.

Would love to be on the receiving end of Mahomes record breaking contract coming up! Lol

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Congrats to Andy Reid...good on ya.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^. I feel the same. I’ve never been a big fan of the teams he’s coached, but I’m glad to see him get a SB win. He’s one of the good guys of the NFL and respected by all.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Gotta agree that the propensity to come back from 10+ point deficits over and over in the 2nd half and 4th especially speaks highly of the coaching adjustments. It also proves the players have a lot of heart

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
49er fan here. Congratulations to the Chiefs well done. Kansas City fans enjoy your time of sports glory.

We here in the SF Bay Area have had many such champion team moments in multiple sports over decades, and most of we fans (but not our often whiny sports media) will quickly get over it and celebrate our team and players for the high accomplishment attained while looking forward to next season. Losing is part of sports that makes winning it all when such occurs that much better. Just as interesting as was the fact the Chief won several games in 4th quarter comebacks, was the fact each of the games the 49ers barely lost this year were in final minutes or very last plays of games often by just inches.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
@SSSdave, thanks for the classy response. As a Chiefs fan I have waited a long time for that win. Too bad Shanahan couldn’t bring MadBaum out of the pen to close it out. That game 7 still hurts.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats to KC. It will be interesting to see the future matchups between KC with Mahomes vs the Ravens with Lamar Jackson, two very young, talented and hardworking QB’s.

Sponsor

Staff online