• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Seems like lodging has had a pretty steep increase in pricing this year? What are you seeing - admittedly have waited to book so have missed some of the discount windows - ie. "4th night free" or whatever - but Lord, the standard rates look up about 20%. The Dow to blame?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Hard for us to tell coming from Canada, but yeah, seems steep. We're looking at $320 a night for a 1bdroom condo including 40% off. So yeah, a bit more than expected. OTOH, regular hotels seem better. I would like to point my finger at ski conglomerates..but I just don't know the business that well. Even ticket pricing seems higher..I think this is realted to the drive to get people to buy passes for more guaranteed income..but it kinda screws us when we need to be doing half days or 1 day on, 1 day off because of the kid. A five day non-transferrable pass is useless to us. So instead we're buying day passes and half day beginner passes. Ah well.

Bigtinnie

Formerly 'sbooker' in another world.
Skier
Our trip seems similar in price to last year. Planning on Salt Lake (always cheap), Jackson, Tahoe and Mammoth. We’ve got Snowmass tentatively booked to cover California should the snow be bad there.
Even Snowmass is reasonable.

RNZ

aka Ski Kiwi
Skier
Depending on timing of trips, yes we have seen some quite big increases, especially for condo accommodation. Like @scott43 said, hotels don't seem to be affected to the same extent, but when you are in one place for two weeks as a family hotel we need a condo. Also, lots of the more cost-effective condo's have very limited kitchen facilities making them more like lower quality hotel suites.

Accommodation plays a huge part in where we end up skiing - so this time it is Sun Peaks at New Year for a week, followed by two weeks at Revelstoke primarily because of a great deal for Revie. Whistler has seen a huge increase in prices this year. There are still good deals to be had, but many places they are getting harder to find.

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
Dunno.

If I booked the same-ish trip to Killington, same place, one day extra, I'd see a drop in price per day of about 15%. To be fair, that's a four person room, not a two bed setup in the lodge, however, looking into the exact same trip is cheaper as well...not much, but pennies mean more beer.

The same trip to Jay, this year over last, is way down - but I put that to booking stupid early, compared with trying at about Christmas time.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At Stratton presently at a half-price mid week hotel special $85 a night includes breakfast.

Locked up slope side at solitude for 6 nights for under a grand. Two bed two bath

Two bedroom two bath Steamboat through VRBO on the bus route 130 a night.

There are deals to be had, you need to shop early and look at all options.

Sponsor

Staff online