• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

This is why we wear helmets!!!

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Ate Sh%&T pretty good Saturday at Corner canyon doing shuttle laps . Troy Lee Designs A1 MIPS did its job.

IMG_0196.JPG

lost the front end railing a highspeed turn, stayed on trying to save it ,, crushed my right hand under the bars pretty good then got thrown off into the rocks. Ill be getting a full face for down hill as well as another TLD A1 . got some road rash and a possible broke pinkie but the head is intact!

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ate Sh%&T pretty good Saturday at Corner canyon doing shuttle laps . Troy Lee Designs A1 MIPS did its job.

View attachment 81662
lost the front end railing a highspeed turn, stayed on trying to save it ,, crushed my right hand under the bars pretty good then got thrown off into the rocks. Ill be getting a full face for down hill as well as another TLD A1 . got some road rash and a possible broke pinkie but the head is intact!

Glad to hear you're (mostly) ok. Get well quickly.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you exchange that under warranty?. you know.." I was just riding along....." :roflmao:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you exchange that under warranty?. you know.." I was just riding along....." :roflmao:
Not sure if TLD offers this, but Bontrager has a 1 year crash replacement guarantee. I'd say it's worth contacting TLD.

And yes, that's why we wear helmets! It's also why I'm always rather cautious on my bike.

JimL

Putting on skis
Skier
Wow, unlucky that you crashed, lucky your helmet took the brunt of it. Considering what could have happened, I'd say that helmet's a pretty cheap insurance policy, regardless of whether they will replace it.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Not sure if TLD offers this, but Bontrager has a 1 year crash replacement guarantee. I'd say it's worth contacting TLD.

And yes, that's why we wear helmets! It's also why I'm always rather cautious on my bike.

I would definitely contact the company. My buddy had a bad crash and split his Scott helmet, saving his brain. He sent a picture of the helmet to Scott with a note thanking them for saving his brain and they sent him a new helmet for free.

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
I would definitely contact the company. My buddy had a bad crash and split his Scott helmet, saving his brain. He sent a picture of the helmet to Scott with a note thanking them for saving his brain and they sent him a new helmet for free.

worth a shot! . Ill see what Troy Lee says

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Troy Lee is giving me a 30% discount on any regular priced helmet for the crash replacement - pretty sweet!

thanks to everyone for the suggestion to contact them

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
removable face guard?

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
removable face guard?

no its a fixed chin guard. i ride alot of downhill so i figured its due time i got the full face. some great reviews on this helmet, super light and well ventilated..
ill be getting another A1 as well.

Sponsor

Staff online