• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

This is what the resorts don’t want you to see

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Everyone wants to ski in early November when terrain is limited, very few want to ski after mid-March when there is plenty of terrain sunlight and great snow. Ski later in the season.

I have to keep that pic on my phone to remind myself why I am hanging out at Mammoth in May.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Honestly, I never waited more than two minutes in the lift line. But the WROD was a little scary (new orange jacket not withstanding).
The crowds were understandable, given the mid winter conditions.
:Cristmassnow:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Honestly, I never waited more than two minutes in the lift line. But the WROD was a little scary (new orange jacket not withstanding).
The crowds were understandable, given the mid winter conditions.
:Cristmassnow:

The line at LL looked very reasonable. Not so much with A-basin.

wutangclan

Getting on the lift
Skier
Everyone wants to ski in early November when terrain is limited, very few want to ski after mid-March when there is plenty of terrain sunlight and great snow. Ski later in the season.

Right??? It's downright frustrating. At Whistler Blackcomb, they could easily extend the ski season to the end of June if there was enough traffic to support the operations. I always ski right to the very last day in mid/late May.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Eeeeeh, this strikes me as kind of a conspiracy theory. If the thesis is that the resorts are trying to keep a lid on the fact that there are going to be long lines on a weekend if there's fresh snow and only 1 lift open, I think the secret's out.:huh:

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Sitting on the couch in Florida right now........yeah, I'd ski Luv today! People tend to cut out early on Sundays anyway and I bet Chet's is eating thru that line faster than the photo looks. Thankfully, Luv will be back to no lines by the time I get out there in 28 days!

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Eeeeeh, this strikes me as kind of a conspiracy theory. If the thesis is that the resorts are trying to keep a lid on the fact that there are going to be long lines on a weekend if there's fresh snow and only 1 lift open, I think the secret's out.:huh:
Yes, but not at Loveland.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
B2EA8F30-90C5-4506-8E88-EFEA43477365.png
Oh really?
What a coincidence. Here it is Saturday morning again, and the same camera is down.
We are trying to decide where to go, and we can see a big lift line at a basin, but there is no camera at Loveland. How convenient!

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
We are trying to decide where to go, and we can see a big lift line at a basin, but there is no camera at Loveland.

There's no camera showing the lift line at Lenawee Lift either. That's the one I want to see right now. Unfortunately, the line on it has been backing up the hill on big days too.

Black Mountain has outsized important now but once the season is going it's ride BMX once to get up and then lap Lenawee or just skip those and do Pali all day. It would be nice to have a camera at Lenawee, Zuma, and the Beavers too in the interest of showing the current state of things. Bottom line, I can tolerate a big line on BMX if Lenawee or Pali have their usual sparse lines but when those are backed up too I go home.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
One time I ran into a line that absurd at Liberty Mt PA
I decided I'd either not ski or do something stupid.

Picking stupid, I took ONE ski to the upper beginners lift. Then practiced skiing on
one ski only for several hours ! This was very hard work- sometimes I'd switch to the other leg
half way down the hill. Good I got a lot of rest in the line. :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online