• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

This is really cool, Big Bear Bald Eagle Live Nest Cam

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've watched another one of these for years - they're fascinating!

Reactions: Tex

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Been watching that one this time of year since the pandemic- it’s kind of addicting.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have never seen a cam like this from eagle's nest, much less bald eagle. Can't wait to see the baby eagles, and what mama brings them for dinner. I bet some awesome fresh fish out of that lake. She will probably spot the fish from the nest, zoom down and grab it, and you will probably see the whole thing. I have already seen her zoom way down there.

BTW, my daughter left for Big Bear yesterday to meet a freind and ski on Saturday. This will be her first time to ski without her Daddy.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Watching them bring the fish to the nest is very cool. Also them “fighting” over who is gonna sit on the egg is fun too. The first year (or 2?) I was watching and the eggs didn’t develop into chicks was pretty disappointing, but seeing a chick actually hatch last year (I think) was pretty amazing. And watching them in a snow storm is pretty impressive.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also them “fighting” over who is gonna sit on the egg is fun too.
So Dad wants to sit on the eggs? If I was daddy eagle, I would gladly let mama sit on the eggs, and I'm going fishing.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's hard to grasp just how BIG those birds and their nests actually are without seeing them up close.. Not me, but you get the picture!

1676673662245.png

1676673712653.png

• Wow

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've watched some of that nest cam, mostly when the ravens show up and harass them. If you follow the page on social media, they give a play-by-play of what's on a particular video segment. On one of them, papa brings mama a big stick to add to the next. As she's trying to position it, it falls into the abyss and she lets out an audible cry. Such beautiful birds!

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The baby eagles are starting to peck their way out, apprantly it takes a few day. The camera will zoom in on the eggs every now and then.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
There's a nest about 1/2 mile from my house with a nest cam. Dad recently died from avian flu and there's all sorts of drama around the new males vying for mom's attention. It looks like she might even take on 2 mates(rare but it has happened before). It's in a populated area so there are tons of great pictures and videos on the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/baldeaglesofcenterportNY

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No babies this year :(

• Sad
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No babies this year :(
Yeah pretty sad to watch all that happen. If you watch with the screen not maximized, I see a chat session to the right. That is very interesting to read, and it is heavily moderated, and they provide links to other YouTubes where they capture very interesting clips and provided interesting info. I'm for sure hooked keeping up with it.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep - the chat can be very informative.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just saw this. What happened to the chicks?

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just saw this. What happened to the chicks?
The eggs never hatched. The post I made Feb 19th, they were just starting to peck their way out, which is like a 3 day process, and just never happened, not sure why, maybe someone else knows, maybe too cold. What was sad is the mom and dad sat on the egg for a long time, just recently gave up, left the nest and the ravens eventually ate the eggs.

I just read this in the chat: "Both eggs appeared undeveloped: either they were not fertilized or development stopped very early on (there is no way to determine that an egg is unfertilized without candling)."

Sponsor

Staff online