• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
As I wrote in another helmet thread a while ago... My helmet is the best ski hat I've ever had. It's warm when I want it to be and cool when needed. It holds my goggles so that I don't have to futz with them all the time and requires no messing with after I put it on. On a long chair ride in the freezing wind it keeps my head comfortable and warm. Does it improve safety? That would be a bonus but it wouldn't stop me from wearing one if it doesn't.

winkdc

Booting up
Skier
Just glancing at the study raises a bunch of issues....

1) how many unhelmeted skiers never made it to the trauma center.....because they were dead.
2) very limited cohort in Hanover NH.

Back from a 20 year hiatus and I hate my first/new helmet as my heads sweats big time....and the Smith has tons of vents that are wide open....but I will wear it.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Gee, do you think a helmet will help if I hit a tree while going 150 on my Hayabusa?
On top of that, helmets are warm.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Gee, do you think a helmet will help if I hit a tree while going 150 on my Hayabusa?
On top of that, helmets are warm.
Ha, ha. No, but it I know it will help when your head is bouncing through the potholes should you have an unscheduled dismount after going over an elevated bridge deck on a poorly paved back road at a buck-ten.

P.S. Even though every little bit helps, don't hit trees with your head!

Sponsor

Staff online