• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thinnest Ski Socks/Sock Liners

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been wearing the Salomon ultra thin socks for 5 years, but they recently stopped making them.
While at Masterfit, the Farm To Feet sock guy was giving out socks, a partner with Masterfit U and America's Best Bootfitters.
I really like these socks.

Farm to Feet Wilson Ultralight

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
Used to ski the Smartwool Ski Ultralight (no cushion) until they decided to discontinue them. Switched to Point 6 Ultralight. OK, but very tight fit and hard to get on and off. Finally discovered two of the thinnest, most comfortable ski socks I've ever tried. Both are available through PSIA or National Ski Patrol on pro deals if you belong to either organization. If not, go online.

The first is Bridgedale Micro Fit ski socks (51% Be-Fresh Polyproylene/ 46% Nylon/ 3% Lycra). Thin as a dress sock, incredibly easy to get on and off, no noticeable seams, remarkably warm, as well. One thing: Your boots better fit well with nothing protruding. You will feel it if they don't!

The second is the Icebreaker snow liner, no cushion, over-the-calf ski sock. 100% merino wool. Very thin (but not as thin as the Bridgedale model above). It is a very tall sock (over my knee, actually!) but just roll the top over to the length desired.

Both are superior to the Smartwool and Point 6 in my opinion.

Best!
Mike

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
With my Flinstone feet I've always opted for the thinnest I can find. For 30 years or so I've used Wigwam liners that were about the same thickness of women's hosiery. Lately the thinnest I can find is the Fox River Wick #4422. They're not as thin as the Wigwam but as thin as I can find.

Sponsor

Staff online