• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Things you would buy if you had a little disposable income

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@RachelV showed me this a few years ago, thinking it would be a blast to float the river on something like this, or to have for Mother's Day Mayhem, but its a bit pricy for a hoot.
Outdoor Color Dot Game - AKA Like Twister
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 7.46.19 AM.png

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
That looks like fun!
But Twister was SO MUCH FUN when I was a teenager. You could play it anywhere; it folded up and could be taken along. It forced lots of body contact. That was the point, wasn't it?

If I had a little disposable income, I'd buy a house near a mountain. Well, maybe a lot of disposable income.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Obviously bicycles and skis are necessities, so they don't count ... hmm ...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd take more vacation/PTO opportunities over more spending money. I can't easily take any weekdays off except the traditional holidays and break periods. So, the only opportunities I have to use any fun gear is when the resorts and other venues are PACKED!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Is it inflatable/padded to reduce injuries that happen when tipsy people try difficult moves and faceplant on the hard floor or ground?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is it inflatable/padded to reduce injuries that happen when tipsy people try difficult moves and faceplant on the hard floor or ground?
....that's the whole point.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Which one, which one?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
I think if I had $$ to spare I would take 1 year off from work. Spend the winter skiing and the rest of the year traveling to as many places around the world as possible. I love my job (researcher in immunology/cancer), don't get me wrong, but taking a year off to ski and travel would be amazing. I will probably do it at some point of my life, may not be anytime soon though.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Whole house back up generator that runs on natural gas would be nice to have.. Probably would add central heat and air before that though. Currently heating with gas logs and cooling with window units..

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Whole house back up generator that runs on natural gas would be nice to have.. Probably would add central heat and air before that though. Currently heating with gas logs and cooling with window units..

Ah. That's it. Well, not that, although that is a great idea. The original owners saved a few thou by not digging out the whole basement. We have half an unfinished basement; the other half is a retaining wall holding in dirt. It would be unreasonably expensive to dig it out. Still, it would be nice ...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  • Finish my bootfitting lab at the house, a few more things needed.
  • Paint the garage and set up a studio so we can do some in house videos
  • A shed for the back yard so we can make room for the studio
  • A zip line from the upper patio into the hot tub.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I toyed with the idea of a zipline and a tree house in the back yard before we took out the giant trees to add the new master bed and bath suite last year. Taking out those trees was 10% of the total remodeling and addition expenses..

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Hmmm, three Porsches would need more than "a little disposable income" at my pay grade; I'd settle for four days of catsking during a two-week trip to Red Mt & Whitewater -- wait a minute, I might actually be able to swing that!

Sponsor