• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For those of you who have vintage collections I would remind you to back your bindings off if you can, especially the ones with plastic housings. @Tricia was moving some stuff around in the garage and came across this...

cpE3MGSMQZ+xWWkKdAY1Nw.jpg

Not immediately sure what it was, she asked me. I asked where it was and she showed me where....I looked up at the Salomon bindings above that spot and sure enough, the black S737's back was blown out. I am not sure of the force that the casing was relieved of the spring but I assume it was above the typical gas release of a double bean burrito.

fullsizeoutput_6f75.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Or it blows out on the first day out. Never a fun way to start a season.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
For those of you who have vintage collections I would remind you to back your bindings off if you can, especially the ones with plastic housings. @Tricia was moving some stuff around in the garage and came across this...

View attachment 49312

Not immediately sure what it was, she asked me. I asked where it was and she showed me where....I looked up at the Salomon bindings above that spot and sure enough, the black S737's back was blown out. I am not sure of the force that the casing was relieved of the spring but I assume it was above the typical gas release of a double bean burrito.

View attachment 49311

That happened to me a few years ago. I walked into my ski collection room and wondered "what is all of that junk". Once I figured out what it was I got a screwdriver and released the tension on all of my retro skis. Mine was also a Salomon binding with a plastic housing.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Heh. I once had a junior Pivot go. Across the basement and into the brick opposite.

Sponsor

Staff online