• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Theft Insurance for Bikes

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Velosurance (Markel) theoretically covers theft for full stated replacement value of your bike, if you're looking for a standalone policy. You do have to tell them the details of the bike upfront and it's pretty pricey. I've never known anyone to claim for theft on it, though. People seem to mostly use it for racing crash damage.
Now that's something worth considering on a $10,000 bike.

As for security., Imagine carrying around a little lock box with $10,000 inside and clearly marked on the outside of the box that there might be $10,000 inside. You have to leave it chained up outside places of business and strapped to the top or back bumper of your car when traveling. Sooner or later it will probably be stolen..

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Now that's something worth considering on a $10,000 bike.

I've actually been considering it on my $3000 race bike. They say don't race what you can't afford to replace... $300/year in insurance coverage is a whole lot cheaper than replacing a trashed frame.

I don't travel with the carbon roadie, but I also never ever leave the race bike unattended when it's on top of my car. Even if locked up. Both bikes live in the house. Had a $500 hybrid stolen in college. (hopefully) never again.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
While not politically correct, this sure puts an evil smile of revenge on your face if you’ve ever had a bike stolen thinking this happen to those that stole your bike.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
the bait bike wasnt real, in fact everything that guy does is not real.

I actually have took my old busted up FPV cameras and attached them to many places around my house on our cars.......They are not working but I figured if someone sees the camera they are far less likely to want to something also living in rural vermont probably means it unlikely. People tend to be nice, their tends to not any people, and people tend to be armed. Even the addicts dont seem to target people.

Sponsor