• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Andrzej Bargiel became one of fewer than 350 climbers to summit K2 since the first time this feat was accomplished in 1954, doing so without the aid of supplemental oxygen, then spent 7 hours skiing back down to base camp.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/23/sport/k2-andrzej-bargiel-ski-descent-intl/index.html

Editorial:
After three and a half days of climbing without the aid of oxygen, which is an amazing feat by itself, Andrzej Bargiel skied down the K2 peak in Pakistan seizing the accomplishment of being the first ski descent of K2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Holy WOW!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm not sure what the skis are that he's holding in the picture but they don't look like any K2 I'm aware of.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why would anybody in their right mind do that ?
If you had the opportunity to sit at the panel of Hall of Fame inductees last April, hearing the profound stories from the Marolt brothers, Shaun Palmer, (the late) Steve McKinney...
There is a desire by some to reach limits that have never been reached before.

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
I can't even fathom this. K2 is one of the deadliest mountains out there, let alone to ski down!

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
That's just an amazing physical accomplishment for sure but I wonder if he hit the wax?

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
As viewed with my latest FAF, Favorite App Forever, FATMAP, found when searching for a backcountry mapping tool.

So, what's the big deal?! :)

IMG_0070.PNG

IMG_0071.PNG

IMG_0073.PNG

IMG_0072.PNG

and, the slope-based avy hazard

IMG_0074.PNG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
The first few people that attempted this died.. So, its an amazing feat.. For me, not sure if it's worth the risk.. Then again, one could say you can die doing nothing.

Extremely impressed he pulled this off and did it without O2 for the ascent.. Great images certainly not seen before or rarely.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Why would anybody in their right mind do that ?
I judge my own activities by green light, yellow light, and red light. Green light is a go, yellow light I need to think about it and red light is a hard stop NO!

THAT is a red light, but man, is it great to watch!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid