• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Whitewater and Red Mtn are about 1 and a quarter hours apart and Schweitzer ID is not far away either.

At the Utah Gathering JohnL and GarySkier and Ski3po were asking me about the feasibility of flying to Spokane in mid or late January and doing it and if I was interested in joining them. My answer was Yes and Yes....so just sayin B.C. and Idaho, eh?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, if we consider Schweitzer to be at the southernmost end of the Selkirks, which it is, and that the Selkirks are primarily a Canadian mountain range, then Schweitzer can be safely considered part of a Canadian Gathering.

And since both Schweitzer and Whitewater are included in the Powder Alliance and included with my season pass to Stevens, I have no objection to Red/White/Schweitzer. You might have to twist my arm, but minimally. Go ahead, twist my arm......

But maybe this belongs in a new thread for next year....

https://www.pugski.com/threads/the-great-white-north-pugski-gathering-2019-thread.9679/

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The thing I’m noticing with this pic is not only how much the bases of the skis are showing, but also how much the skis are flexing from just standing there, on that steep, dare I say, extreme chute in perilous circumstances with certain death for anyone who isn’t a highly skilled and experienced pro skier type.

And we were doing synchronized skiing, too. Extra G.N.A.R. points for that. We were awesome.
Jim made sure to point out the ski bases to me and agrees with everything else you said, too.

He had a great time skiing with all of you!

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Wednesday evening -- view down Banff Avenue

0418181706.jpg

Thursday at Sunshine Village was a spectacular day ... no new snowfall, but loads of sun and blue skies. Beautiful views, even from the cheap seats where I ski.

View from top of Jackrabbit Quad
0419181137 (2).jpg

View from top of Standish Express

0419181316a (2).jpg

0419181316d (2).jpg

0419181316c (2).jpg

0419181317 (2).jpg

après at Trapper

0419181421.jpg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like it was a good time, with good snow and good people. Wish I could have been there. Going to have to work harder on the Work / Ski balance, in order to get things right in life. Its too bad the equation is Work = Money = Ski :(

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like great fun.