• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Hey everyone,

I was packing up my gear this afternoon and found that I have 1 pass left to use at Kicking Horse...

So I'll be driving out early tomorrow(Sunday) morning and skiing at KH for the day...It's closing weekend so I gotta use it up tmrw...

Happy to have some company and to tour ppl around the hill if anyone is interested. Kicking Horse is a great hill...I'll be passing by Banff around 7:00 am so feel free to take me up on the offer. Post here and/or PM me. I'll check this evening and then again later tonight.

If not then I'm looking fwd to skiing with everyone on Monday at Lake Louise. (FYI: The last info I saw regarding Monday's Lake Louise meeting point/time was Whisky Jack Lodge by the pass/services desk and shoe/bag rack area at around 8:30 am. (if the location or time changes please post...txs!)

I'll be in a red jacket...lime helmet/goggles with orange backpack. Just look at Jim Kenney's post in this thread.....the second photo...taken at SSV (sunshine village) is me.

Looking fwd to meeting you all!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, we got on the plane, sat, and got off the plane. Still have time to make our Chicago flight, we just have to get out of GR. Fingers crossed for us, everyone!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We got a little later start this morning so we will be more like 8:45 to 9 rather than 8:30am.

TS
albertanskigirl

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
I'll be joining you all Monday and Tuesday - I'm picking up @Jenny and mr. Jenny - hope their flight gets in ok!
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We’re here! All checked in and possibly taking a tiny nap before dinner, although it might be safer just to stay awake. Been up since 4:00 am Eastern time so starting to drag a bit.

Can't for the life of me remember the tentative plan, but I think @albertanskigirl was saying that Tuesday was looking better for a Lake Louise day, snow-wise. Jim has the MCP so 2 days there and 2 at Sunshine, 5th day, who knows?

Will check back here to see what's going on. Did we have a cell phone list anywhere? Is this thread in a public or private sub forum? BRB, gotta go look.

Last edited:

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don’t know that this thread is in a private part of the forum, so I went to start a PM to everyone and I can only add 5 people to a message. Don't know if that's because I don't post much or if everyone has that limitation. So guess I’ll rely on this for making plans tonight.

We are shuttle reliant, so won't be able to make an 8:30 meetup unless someone is willing to offer transport. Jim is up for full days of skiing, so if anyone wants to pick him up that would be great. I will either be toddling around Banff trying out my ankle (I get to ditch the Frankenboot!) or can take a shuttle out later. Looks like the spring schedule is sparse.

At any rate, I will at least see people at dinner tomorrow.

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Hey @Jenny

I believe the plan is still Monday at Lake Louise. With lots of snow falling during the day on Monday Louise has better terrain and visibility/tree area choices.

Tuesday at Sunshine will be great since they often get more snow...since the snow forecast is better for Tuesday at Sunshine too. (I plan on skiing Sunshine on Tuesday as I have to head back home and it’s closer than Louise...makes the drive that much easier!ogsmile)

Sponsor

Staff online