• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I agree with the physical fitness part of passing a level 3. I also agree with the age part. I still ski well above the standard but I would not call my skiing particularly athletic. I have got two guys right now, one 55 yo and the other 66 yo. Both of them can ski it but don't come back with the pin. They turn into old men or something. I am starting to notice perception and some balance issues.

Over the last five years my skiing has improved substantially. My skiing has gotten very smooth and clean with round well finished turns. My turn size has gotten smaller. I can carve a turn at 4-5 meter radius. The comments I receive from other people is not "your skiing is athletic" or "you ski with power" or "you are a badars skier" No, what I hear most often is " Why don't the laws of gravity apply to you?" People sometimes say it with a tone in their voice. I have no idea what they mean by that and I have not heard that comment about other peoples skiing. I hear it pretty consistently so their must be something different in the way that I ski.
One and the same. Been very active in Bikepacking lately.

The lingering memory of "Pierre Eh" writings at Epic on improving one's skiing technique as compared to "hacking his/her skiing" have been one of the instrumental factors that tipped the scale and oriented me toward attempting this "to become a ski instructor" thing when the oportunity presented itself....not the main and not the only, of course, still when I was considering the thing, those memories came along as well, and added to all the other "pros" I was considering and weighing against the "cons"...

Sponsor