• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Ultimate Boot

Slaverson

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey,
Recently I have aquired some new powder skis and I wanted to get some tech bindings for them. But I only want to get 1 pair of boots because I can't afford more that that.

I am looking for a good pair of ski boots that can be used with multiple bindings including WTR and Grip Walk.

I would like to pair them with Alpine Touring bindings.

Anything Will Help.

Thanks,

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Go see a Bootfitter, sit down and have a conversation about your goals. Boots are the most important piece of equipment and the most personal. You can ski any ski, its tough to just ski any boot.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Slaverson Agree with the notion of going to a bootfitter, but note that your visit should look different. Spend some time testing out the walk mode, do some stairs or half-depth walking lunges. Every boot strides differently, and it's a feature that can't be doctored by a fitter. In the burlier crossover class, some of the stiffer options sacrifice on cuff rotation (which may not be an issue depending on your body geometry), while others don't.

Do you have an inbound boot that serves you well?

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's no such thing as The Ultimate Boot, there's only A Boot That Works Well For You. I've been in a pair of Daleboots for maybe six years or more, and am quite happy with them (but I have no idea about whether or not they're on the WTR or Grip Walk wagon). YMMV. A good bootfitter is a must.

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As the others have said, find a good bootfitter! Explain to them what your goals are.
I recommend Jeremy at The Sport Loft in Holladay, UT. He tours himself. Fits and sells Alpine and AT boots; skis & bindings too.
I have used The Sport Loft for over 30 years and have always be satisfied with service given, quality of gear and assistance after purchase when additional help is needed.

Sponsor

Staff online