• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug and I have been wanting to do this but it falls right in the middle of OR/SIA. (or maybe OR/SIA falls in the middle of Taos Ski Week)
Maybe we need to scratch out some time to just visit the Grumps and follow them around Taos.

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dave -- thanks, great report! And mucho thanks to you and King Grump for organizing and honcho-ing this awesome event. Ski Week is unique and, for me, very helpful. It was great to see again many Pugskiers who I first met last year and to meet more Pugskiers this year. See y'all in JH!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I counted 40 attendees in your list (including you)!
Quite a difference from the first time we considered Gathering in Taos:
This is the vote in Aspen between Whistler, Taos, Summit County, and Teluride:
vote.png

James

Out There
Instructor
I counted 40 attendees in your list (including you)!
Quite a difference from the first time we considered Gathering in Taos:
This is the vote in Aspen between Whistler, Taos, Summit County, and Teluride:
View attachment 92765
You’ll never get the masses to vote for Taos. The only reason Utah doesn’t win sll the time is it’s off the list. Though passes have changed the dynamics for sure.
Good job on the grass roots gathering!
Eventually the particles coalesce and form a mass.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What was the feeling for intermediates? Did they have enough terrain to be interesting?
Yes? This was my third year there, and I'm an intermediate. (Of course, I ski in the Mid-A, and I went in the low snow year and enjoyed it, so I think I'm easily amused. Other intermediates MMV.)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
@Philpug and I have been wanting to do this but it falls right in the middle of OR/SIA. (or maybe OR/SIA falls in the middle of Taos Ski Week)
Maybe we need to scratch out some time to just visit the Grumps and follow them around Taos.

If the timing lands the same way next season, you could do what I did and ski Sat
What was the feeling for intermediates? Did they have enough terrain to be interesting?

To put some perspective around the perception of Taos, I think Taos has more options for intermediates and groomer zooming than Loveland and it's at least equal to A-Basin (if not better).

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...I think Taos has more options for intermediates and groomer zooming than Loveland...
On the groomer side of things (and I guess, overall), I'd agree. But Loveland has nice intermediate bowls and some intermediate chutes and trees that are beyond what Taos has - though they tend to be short.

James

Out There
Instructor
To put some perspective around the perception of Taos, I think Taos has more options for intermediates and groomer zooming than Loveland and it's at least equal to A-Basin (if not better)
Ok, but Loveland isn’t exactly a destination resort.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It definitely did have enough for me. I didn't go up to the peak at all, but was able to ski some of the shorter, black bump runs in the lower mountain and it's bigger than it looks on a map. Even on day 6, our instructor was still introducing us to new terrain on the lower mountain.

My local bump is really small but I do ski Mammoth a good number of times each winter. Mammoth is bigger, but Taos has a more varied terrain.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

The mice do like to play.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
To put some perspective around the perception of Taos, I think Taos has more options for intermediates and groomer zooming than Loveland and it's at least equal to A-Basin (if not better).

Yeah. The blue groomers aren't huge in number but they are very good.

Sponsor

Staff online