• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Tahoe Queen Is Burning!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Kolo8 TV.

tahoe-douglas-fire-tahoe-queen2.jpg

ZEPHYR COVE, Nev. (KOLO) - The Tahoe-Douglas FIre Department says at least one person has been hurt in a fire on the Tahoe Queen paddlewheeler on Lake Tahoe.

Fire Marshal Erik Guevin says the boat, used for tours of the lake, is moored at Zephyr Cove.

Flames broke out the morning of August 16, 2016. There is no word yet on the cause.

KOLO 8 News Now has a crew on the way.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I was at Northstar yesterday there were some customers who were heading to a dinner cruise. I hope they were planning on the Dixie and not the Tahoe Queen.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I was at Northstar yesterday there were some customers who were heading to a dinner cruise. I hope they were planning on the Dixie and not the Tahoe Queen.
Bar-B-Que?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Jilly they were doing some renovations on the top deck and think that the fire started with the construction crew. Still under investigation.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well
@Jilly they were doing some renovations on the top deck and think that the fire started with the construction crew. Still under investigation.
The fire chief noted that one of the [minor] injuries was a welder who had to climb down the outside of the boat. So I am thinking a welder ignited something that burned fast before they could put it out.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Well

The fire chief noted that one of the [minor] injuries was a welder who had to climb down the outside of the boat. So I am thinking a welder ignited something that burned fast before they could put it out.
I was sort of wondering if a plumber lit some wood framing while soldering nearby copper pipe. I've scorched a few studs doing plumbing repairs, but never actually lit the joint on fire.

Loki

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I know the guy who tried to save the ship and was literally the last guy on before jumping in water. He used a fire extinguisher and a trash dump pump before a backdraft burned his arm hair off. He was treated for smoke inhalation.

It wasn't his welding that caused the fire, but the fact that painters used the welder's fire blanket as a drop cloth. The blanket ignited because someone left flammable paint cleaner on someone else's tools.

On the upside, the Delta Queen was just refitted and updated by the same outfit so that's a way to enjoy the water.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know the guy who tried to save the ship and was literally the last guy on before jumping in water. He used a fire extinguisher and a trash dump pump before a backdraft burned his arm hair off. He was treated for smoke inhalation.

It wasn't his welding that caused the fire, but the fact that painters used the welder's fire blanket as a drop cloth. The blanket ignited because someone left flammable paint cleaner on someone else's tools.

On the upside, the Delta Queen was just refitted and updated by the same outfit so that's a way to enjoy the water.
Thanks @Loki for the update!

Sponsor

Staff online