• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Skier's Carry-On? Db Hugger 30L

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I own a Burton boot backpack which fits my boots, helmet, iPad and miscellaneous stuff. It’s not as stylish as the DB but the Burton stuff is much more durable. It’s done maybe 5 Japanese ski trips including internal flights with no issues.

So is this thing carry-on size with all that stuff in it? If so, can you post a photo or link? Thanks.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
So is this thing carry-on size with all that stuff in it? If so, can you post a photo or link? Thanks.
It is carry on size, but borderline. I’ve never been called up on it and if you cinch it down using the compression straps it looks much the same as any other carry on. Fits in overheads easy.
The Dakine is as I say smaller so no “borderline” issues arise.

I don’t have photos ready to hand but a quick google search should reveal what it looks like. I’ll take a photo and post when I’m next in the dreaded storage room

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It is more important to look small than to be small. Helps to act like it's light too.
I put my helmet in my suitcase last trip -- that might actually make my boots carry-on legal.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid