• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
A little birdie told me Killington may be looking at next week sometime. However, we'll see. It's generally a long season for me so I'm not always out there first off. I have fall things I like to wrap up, plus we're not closing on the condo til 11/2. My vote will always be for Killington in the northeast, although they usually have a thing going with Sunday River so it seems to be a race. I'd rather them wait and stay open rather than rush to open, close cause it gets warm and then open again.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Okay, but by your logic, the local hill in my town (Pajarito) is never truly "open" because it is historically Fri-Sun only. We are a small town with a small hill which can't justify being open on random Tuesdays. Just sayin'.

Those are normal operations. WC’s normal ops are 7 days a week until close. So there’s the exception.

I really don’t care - what matters to me most is Loveland opening because you can ski 20K of vert pretty quickly (especially now that Chair 1 is a HSQ) without any lines or crowds on wide runs that let you open it up.

I don’t mind standing in EpicLines at A-Basin on a high stoke spring-like Oct day once where the energy is always awesome, but Loveland’s opening product is in a completely different class.

Out of curiosity, how many runs did it take to get down to the rocks at WC? Or did it hold up?

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
This looks very promising for Loveland. I imagine Abasin is even closer. I revise my previous statement: I think Abasin Wed and Loveland Friday.

I think you may be right. That looks excellent at Luv.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
Those are normal operations. WC’s normal ops are 7 days a week until close. So there’s the exception.

I really don’t care - what matters to me most is Loveland opening because you can ski 20K of vert pretty quickly (especially now that Chair 1 is a HSQ) without any lines or crowds on wide runs that let you open it up.

I don’t mind standing in EpicLines at A-Basin on a high stoke spring-like Oct day once where the energy is always awesome, but Loveland’s opening product is in a completely different class.

Out of curiosity, how many runs did it take to get down to the rocks at WC? Or did it hold up?
There are probably some rocks poking out now on the more technical terrain, but it held up really well when I was there. I just went up and skinned two laps the day before they opened and didn't hit a single rock. I am sure a few were out there, but it was a bit obvious where the thick and thin spots were in the technical terrain. They had groomed Tranquility and a couple of other blue runs from the top. It seemed solid, without any obvious thin spots. I am sure that the groomers have held up perfectly.

Reactions: nay

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Tick tock....:popcorn:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
It's driving me nuts!
I can't stop switching back and forth between webcams.:doh:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Give us a sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Dplau88U8AAK3Yc.jpg:large

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I just can't believe there is NO activity going on!
They are probably working from the top down, but still, where is everyone?
Whisky Tango Foxtrot!
abasincam1001m-RESIZED.jpg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I am betting on next Wednesday or Thursday (I'll be out of town).
Who's going to brave the WROD on Friday?
@Blue Streak

Don't put that evil on me. I want to ski this weekend and backcountry snow is gonna be suncrusted out.

Here's hoping for some Sunday afternoon laps at Luv.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I just got a bad flu/cold. Started yesterday. Wont go ski until im MUCH better. Possibly next week

Better be sick now that during peak season I guess. :huh: