• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A design that never made it to market...

From YankoDesigns

Why do ski boots have to hurt? Shouldn’t skiers enjoy the same comfort as snowboarders do? The right design can make it easier to release pressure from the buckles when needed without having to undo the bottom of your pants. The POC Tarsus boots eschews buckles for laces connected to a tension wheel you dial in for the perfect fit. I’m a snowboarder, not a skier so I can’t comment on how comfortable this might be. Any skiiers wanna chime in?

Designer: Nils Löventorn

poc_tarsus.jpg

28323-kayak-botu-konforu_d620.jpg

poc_tarsus4.jpg

poc_tarsus4.jpg

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
We all seem to have different concepts of either "well fitting" or "comfortable".

I think my boots fit incredibly well, the VERY first thing I do when I am done skiing is get them OFF. I never think "oh, I want this feeling to last as long as it can..."

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We all seem to have different concepts of either "well fitting" or "comfortable".

I think my boots for incredibly well, the VERY first thing I do when I am done skiing is get them OFF. I never think "oh, I want this feeling to last as long as it can..."
IMHO as snug as my boots are, I am still happier to get my cycling shorts off than my ski boots.

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
Well, the design looks like it builds off of the Apex design: plastic exo shell that an inner soft boot-like liner slips into and closure via boa cables. What differentiates the POC design is the front plastic flex plate over the top of the foot and lower shin, held in place by a second boa cable system. Looks cool. But looking at it more closely, the boa cables & controls (as pictured) make me wonder if good overall fit tension (foot & upper cuff) was a possible weakness in the design.

Oh, and that flex adjustment thingy on the back of the boot looks like it would last maybe 5 turns.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

I think my boots fit incredibly well, the VERY first thing I do when I am done skiing is get them OFF. I never think "oh, I want this feeling to last as long as it can..."

Yup! this goes for anyone in a proper plug boot!ogsmile

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I look forward to giving them a try.

Like most here, I feel that a well fit boot is comfortable. I can keep my boots on for 12 hours straight, including standing around coaching/officiating. I do enjoy taking them off, but I never feel stressed to do so before the end of the ski day.

Sponsor

Staff online